Find a motherboard for me, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a friend of mine asked me to help him find a mobo for him. He doesn´t want to update his CPU so it has to be socket 939. Then he wants to be able to run SLI or CrossFire and new DDR2-RAM as fast as possible. I´ve been searching like crazy but can´t find DDR2 RAM with those specs. SLI and s939 is easy. Can anyone help me please?

Wont Find it...

You can keep searching but.....your not going to find a 939 motherboard that supports ddr-2....Basically cause they dont make them. 939 CPUs memory controller does not support ddr-2 however the new Socket AN2 does.

And that is out of the question because he does not want to upgrade his CPU.

In my opinion 939 is plenty fast. There is really no added benefit to DDR-2 at this moment on the AMD platform.. Basically due to the high timmings on the ddr-2. PC 3200 with 2-2-2-5 timmings will be on par with any ddr-2 in my opion at this time, except for some good DDR-2 800mhz or 1066mhz offerings.

I dont know

It was one of the selections in the avitar directory or what ever, I think its just a random skeleton dude, I think im going to find something more me one of these days.

Back to the 939 offerings of motherboards, Id suggest any of the SLI offerings from either abit or asus, the ASUS A8N-Deluxe SLI is a very nice board. I just purchased one for myself and it is increadibly fast and very feature rich. Priced around $100-110 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back