Resolved Find malware better through revealing invisible files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovydas03

My Girlfriend recently had a terrible virus on her computer and was asking me what she should do, I din't have much knowledge on mal-ware so I gave my advice and it din't work. She then went on you-tube on a working computer and found out that one of the ways to find mal-ware is by going to folder options and revealing hiden files. That was actually enough for the mal-ware program to weed out all of the remaining viruses.

I was curious how come the mal-ware antivirus dint scan out the hidden files, and why that actually worked.

A YouTube video is not recommended for malware removal! If it was that easy, there wouldn't be any computer help forums!

No, this is not a good way to remove malware- nor is it a safe way. It is possible that a file may be hidden and in that case, special instructions are given on how to handle it. Files have to be identified and should never be randomly deleted.

But showing hidden files and folders to remove malware? Definitely not recommended! The reason files and folders are hidden int he first place is to protect the system from accidental deletion of a system file or protected file or folder. Removing this type of folder can make the system inoperable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back