"Find Target" not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellipsis

After running a couple different registry cleaners and manually going through everything, the "Find Target" button in a shortcut's properties menu doesn't work. I don't know which key I got rid of, but I went through a ton of stuff and don't feel like running through it all again. Anyone know a quick fix for this? Thanks in advance.

This happens if the DisablePersonalDirChange policy setting exists. For stand-alone systems, to get back the missing buttons, open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \

To remove the restriction via Group Policy Editor, set it to Not Configured or Disabled. Or remove the DisablePersonalDirChange REG value altogether.

OMG, i have the same freaking problem.

After I install the program called "Aston v.1.9.6" (it is like WindowBlind) and later I uninstall because it is stupid..., the "Find Target..." in every shortcut Properties ceased to work. I find this button very useful and I very often use it.

I don't want to add a "&Find Target" to my context-menu. I want this to be fix. I don't know what else did that program do to my computer. Some of the auto run @ start-up programs seem to be not working correctly. that can be fixed be re-installing the software (OMG! that is such a fuss).

I don't want to do a system restore because it might f*ck up all of my program + favorite settings. system restore don't always do good!
I just want to find an available alternative fix before i person sys.restore / re-install my OS. I GoogleD and i don't seem there is any result around for help on how to do this.

Please help me~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back