Firefox BSOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My system is perfectly stable for a few months, and then it just has a BSOD out of nowhere ... somehow the latest one seems to point to firefox? Anyone got any ideas? I have a 550W Antec PSU and my RAM has passed a Memtest.

From my event log:
Code:
Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	Save Dump
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1001
Date:		2007/01/24
Time:		01:21:20 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	xxxxx
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0xb2ff524e, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0xb2ff524e). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012407-01.dmp.

Attachments

• Mini012407-01.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 5
Before you get into anything deeper, uninstall and reinstall Firefox. See if that helps.

BrainDedd said:
So if Firefox was the victim, who was the culprit?
that's the hard part. You can REPAIR the install (if available) or reinstall a new
download over it.

If it fails again & again & again, then *maybe* it is FF, but I would think you'll
see other failures first.

btw: do you have any add-ons or themes loaded? uninstall them if so to get
the best reliability

I have a theme and some addons loaded, but this is the first time I've ever had a bluescreen just like that. As I said, my system is perfectly stable for months on end and then a blue screen will just hit out the blue, then it'll be fine for another few months. The blue screen also mentioned afd.sys?

just on a hunch -- try run->cmd /k chkdsk c:

I have a friend that got random errors in shell32.dll when in fact it was a pair of
cross-linked files :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back