Firefox Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesler

I just started using firefox. Should I remove IE from my add remove programs? Any input on keeping firefox operating smoothly? Is this the better browser out there? Thank You

Whether you remove IE is completely up to you. Firefox is my default browser, but I still keep IE though I don't use it.

My only tip for Firefox is you should get the McAfee SiteAdvisor tool (google it).

It's a tool for Firefox that rates each page you visit with either a checkmark, an "X", or a "?" and it basically tells you if that page is dangerous.
It works with google searches too, where it has one of its three symbols beside each of your results, basically telling you which pages you should and should not go to.

I would keep IE on you system. You never know when you will run into a site that requires you to be using IE. for example the windows update website does not work with FF. AP.org the news website video section does not work with FF. (although they said they were going to fix that but i havnt checked it lately) and im sure there are other sites that require IE.

There is no need to even try to remove IE.

Just make your new browser the default.

Firefox is the most popular alternative to IE,

but if you want to be cutting edge try OPERA

First, take some time with Firefox to decide if you like it or not.

Firefox is my default. And I've actually removed IE using Add/Remove Windows Components. But that doesn't truly get rid of it. You can still start IE regardless.

Download IE View Lite from this page http://www.graysonmixon.com/extension/

When using Firefox, this allows you to open a link or your current page in IE through a right click.

I just delete the IE icon on the desktop but I leave the program installed.

If you want to use it again, don't know why you would;) just go to the command line and type iexplore and it will come up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back