Firefox won't work and IE generates heaps of pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i went to open firefox, it just sat there, totally blank, unable to click on anything. So i went to IE....it worked ok, then suddenly started generating sh*&loads of new pages.....kinda like when you win at solitaire.
i did a Hijack this, ran adaware/spybot/avast/ewido........did not find a culprit.
Today, firefox still just sits there, IE seems to be behaving.
Any ideas?

Uninstall and re-install firefox is about all I can say to try right now. Also be sure to check how firefox connects, make sure its still set to however you connect.

Dunno about your IE problem, that doesn't sound healthy, but if you ran all that crap and didn't find anything then I guess thats all you can do.

Thanks for the swift response.
I uninstalled/re installed Firefox, and it seems to be working ok now. I had never had this problem with Firefox before, and I could not find a similar problem in the threads.
I applaud all those who operate forums...... I would be stymied without the dedication of people who run these forums.
Thank you again.
I'll keep an eye on IE ( I only use IE now when I have no other choice), maybe it was just some glitch.

Glad its working again. I've noticed a lot of times Firefox will start doing wierd things (not operating as it should), or distroying profiles (ff profiles not windows users). More often than not just an uninstall and reinstall fixes things.

Good thinking about IE, it obviously shouldn't do that, but if your tests came up clean its probably alright. Might consider running trendmicro's housecall on it, it also has a malware/spyware checker in it now. Although out of the 2 comps I've tried to run it on since they "updated" it it hasn't ever ran successfully

I've used mozilla suite for years - never had such a problem, it must be a problem unique to firefox.

i had this problem one time with my old computer the only way i fixed ie(i tryed just bout everything) was to reinstall the os well not reinstall it just put the computer back to its original state this fixed it. lol it was a bad virus but i dont know bout the firefox problem.
but im glad its workin now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back