First gaming PC

Im new to the whole pc gaming thing, would have started 3 years ago but my computer couldnt even run Minecraft at 30 fps, so for my 14th birthday I was bought (family wont let me build but my store -currys- will install new parts for free if I have the parts which is good ). The pc is a HP Envy 750-007 (http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=M1Z89EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP). Now I dont have it yet and am waiting for delivery but that link shows you some info. Is it a good computer for gaming? Will it keep up with high end games on high settings? And will it keep up for years to come? I plan to get new parts every birthday/ christmas excluding this years as the computer came to £1k. Thanks in advance.

Overall the computer is a decent desktop PC that should last you at least a couple years. Good CPU (for being a couple years old) and plenty of RAM (16GB). The only thing that is lacking in this PC is the fact that is comes with a Radeon R9 370. You should be able to handle medium to medium/high settings on most high end games (with playable fps - 30-45) but will not be able to get high settings on all of the high end games with close to 60 fps. You will most likely be able to put on the high settings, but will be playing at sub 30 fps (which in my opinion is unplayable). This would be the one thing that I would change first. Other than that, the power supply might need to be changed depending on what GPU card you change to. Hopefully this information helps you. Happy gaming (when you finally get your new PC).

All around well balanced system. Should be fine for 1080p gaming on medium/high keep the AA and AF down and you can get 60fps.

Thanks for your help, so far I have been playing on it and it can play every game high settings AA on 60 fps with ease. Skyrims easy to play, dayz is top quality and I have yet to test but based on results so far im guessing it'll play witcher 3 and shadow of mordor fantastic aswell, ill be saving up for a gtx 980 ti/70 but being so high in price probs wont get it unless I do some serious saving. Anyhow thanks

Thanks for your help, so far I have been playing on it and it can play every game high settings AA on 60 fps with ease. Skyrims easy to play, dayz is top quality and I have yet to test but based on results so far im guessing it'll play witcher 3 and shadow of mordor fantastic aswell, ill be saving up for a gtx 980 ti/70 but being so high in price probs wont get it unless I do some serious saving. Anyhow thanks
Sounds good, by the time you could get to a 980 they will have the new flagships going up. I would just sit on the card you have (mid-high level atm)and wait till it doesn't fit your needs, then get the generation at that time. Your cpu will be more then enough for at least 3-4 years.

Okay, thanks but I have to ask just in case so I can start saving pennies, my Power Supply has 500 watts, is this going to be enough or do/will I need to upgrade the for a 980 as well? If so will I need to change the mother board? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to double post but I missed a segment since I'm using my phone. Do I/will I need to upgrade the power supply if I get a better card lets say as an example a gtx 980 since I don't know what the cards need power wise.

A 970 or 980 you would be fine they pull the same as your current card, if your going 980ti might want to get a new psu

Back