Flash drive unable to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI All

I am have Sandisk cruzer mini 1 GB flash and was working fine till today. suddenly now I am unable to see that device in my computer when I connect to my HP laptop (win xp). Right of bottom it says " USB not working properly" Is there any remedy for this?

Hi there

Try this: Goto Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right-click 1st 'USB Root Hub' > Properties > Advanced. Unchecked 'Allow computer to disable this to save power'. Do the same for the rest. It worked for me when I got messages like 'USB Device Malfunctioned', 'Unknown Device' or 'USB Device Not Recognized'. Have a great day!

Ronnie

hrraghu said:
HI All

I am have Sandisk cruzer mini 1 GB flash and was working fine till today. suddenly now I am unable to see that device in my computer when I connect to my HP laptop (win xp). Right of bottom it says " USB not working properly" Is there any remedy for this?

Does it show as 'Unknown Device' in Device Manager? Nvm, do the same on another computer. It would work as it did on my friend's just two days ago.

Ronnie

hrraghu said:
I did the same as you told but still I am unable to see this !!! plz help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back