Formatted Memory card and when fixed mp4 wont play

Hi guys,

I am desperate here. I stupidly formatted my memory card on my Cannon g7x, I plugged the memory card into my computer and payed for a software called DISK DRILL, it said successful on all the video I managed to recover HOWEVER when ever I try and play any of the videos, they play just a black sceen and no sound, and I have tried so many different media players and none will work.

Please help me get my footage back, what do I need to do?

Thanks so much

Hi, its just .mp4 and I have tired to change to .mov and still wont work. The videos will simply just play but black with no sound. I've tried plenty of different video players for mac but can't find any that will play the videos. Even the software I used says the files are successful when recovering, so I am so unsure whats going on.

Really appreciate the help! :)

Do you have to pay to get the files back ? It seems unlikely that you are going to get them back without payment. These will be large files and may well be gone for good. Contact tech support if you bought the software.

Do you have to pay to get the files back ? It seems unlikely that you are going to get them back without payment. These will be large files and may well be gone for good. Contact tech support if you bought the software.

Hey, yes I did pay for the software, and still nothing when I deep scan and recover it says 'success' but does not play them. What else can I do to make these vids work?

Appreciate the help!

William

Yes thats what I am trying to do now, but the weird thing is that the files said they have been a success when trying to recover, why won't they play?!?! Becoming very frustrating!

Thanks for your help.

Back