Found a cart and dont know what it is:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy

Well I resently got this card as a favour for reïnstalling a pc. The only thing is => i dont know what it is :confused:

Tried seaching on google and didn't came up with mutch.
Here are a few links to images of the card.

Complete card

It has 3 chips on it with what i think is usefull information
Philips SAA 7110A WP
There are 2 "8x8" chips on it
8x83104AKAB.jpg
8x83501AKAD.jpg

It has 5 connectors on the back
Camera 1
Audio in
Camera 2
Audio ACC
ISDN
Also got a picture of that
connectors

Very interesting - but I have no idea what that card is. Seems to be quite an interesting combo card of some sort. Have you tried putting it in a machine to see if Windows can tell you what it is?

Sure I plugged it in, but it didn't give me allot of usefull information.
Just that it was a "Multimediacontroller"

Thx for the very fast Reply

Greets Crazy

It might be a Video acquisition card of some sort. The brand coud turn out to be hard to find though.:dead:

Searching for the "BPC1820B" string on google didn't find anything either. Does the person who gave it to you know what it is ?

Yeah - was thinking about it and I think it's some sort of video encoder card also.

The person who I got it from doesn't know what it is eighter and I don't want to know where he got it from.

I would definitally want to know what this card can do and if its worth keeping. Else it's going in the trash.

PS: There was something on the back,
EK3696
EK 1 94V-0
Doesn't say anything usefull:eek:

Greets Crazy,

Thanks for all the fast reply's guys, but keep them comming:cool:

You can always keep it if you intend to open up a museum of computer parts.:D

I have a few obsolete cards that I keep just for the heck of it.:)

I'll keep it just for the fun of it, you never know when it might come in handy:cool:

Now to find the driver, I'll take a look tomorrow:grinthumb

Greets Crazy,

Thx for all the help

Need driver with the same card

Hi Crazy,

Did you happened to find any driver for your card? I have the same card, i lost the cd driver and couldn't install it in my pc. I dont know either the manufacturer of this card. I'd search thru yahoo and found this message of yours. Pls. help me to secure the driver and appreciate it very much. thanks in advance.

Mcdew

Hi Mcdew

I picked up one of these cards at a computer show and was supprised at how little I can find out about it. Has anyone found a decent driver for this thing, or did I waste a buck? I was hoping I could use it to play TV on my screen as I worked. Any help?

jacksbrat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back