Found good paint 4 hard plastic ie case, monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve B

I recently bought a 2nd hand 21 inch monitor that looked, well, 2nd hand.

I purchased Dk Grey "K&H" Bumper and Trim paint from the local auto shop for about $12aus, cleaned the beast with Metho, sprayed away, and it looks Brand new.

Looked so good I did my case as well, all from the one aerosol can.

Hope this helps someone.

P.S Don't spray it in an enclosed area, unless you:dead: like that sort of thing - seen BLUE VELVET anyone ???

how much is it?. when i turn 18 i might get some. one question though.... how did you spray your monitor without getting it in the vent holes?.

Jeez, are they thet strict on aerosols????
Get your oldies to buy some???

I pulled the case off the monitor. I didn't wanna mask off the display as it's got some sort of anti glare on it and removing the masking tape would a been ...difficult.

I just got it at the local Auto One, it retails for about $14 - I get discount coz I used to work there. Making sure it's really clean is the thing, any fingerprints etc just make the paint kinda bead.

I posted a photo in the gallery if you're interested...

Originally posted by Moimit
how much is it?. when i turn 18 i might get some. one question though.... how did you spray your monitor without getting it in the vent holes?.
When ya turn 18? Do you have to be 18 to purchase Aerosal cans?? Wow...makes me glad to be an American...I think a 5 yr. old could buy a can of paint here....

Be aware that there are some large currents passed throughout the internal workings of a monitor and you should never really open up a monitor unless you are sure what your doing. And it should be left to discharge for a lengthy period before opening it up if you really have to.

Is that why I haven't had to Gel my hair recently...Voltage

There's been a lot of inhaling of aerosols in Aust, particularly amongst the indiginous population, so cans are somewhat restricted, though not that strictly...:dead:

You have to be 18 to buy most aerosols here, and I'm in the US, but its a state law not federal.
BTW, best plastics paint I've seen is that new stuff from Krylon. I forget the exact name but its made just for plastic and it actually bonds to it and won't peel or flake off.

Yeah, some places have the cans all locked up, others have nought.

A friend of mine had his Hardware store burgled and they left the powertools etc and just took a 4 litre tin of "KWIKGRIP" - a contact adhesive.
Real BRAIN FOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back