Four different blue screens in one day

Hi there, I'm a newcomer to this forum, and I should let everyone know my computer knowledge probably isnt as good as most members here, but I seek urgent help, and I hope I can find it here.

As the title suggests, I encountered 4 completely different BSOD's today, while the 5th most recent one was 10 days ago. I have tried seeking help on another forum but sadly nobody seems to be answering my problems. :(

I've also looked at other forums and websites for solutions but a lot of the terms and jargon get me all confused, especially when explaining what's causing the Blue Screens. However, with the help of BlueScreenView, I can roughly figure out two of the BSOD's (do correct me if I'm wrong):

ntfs_file_system 0x00000024 is most probably caused by a failing hard drive. This means I should go get a new one then?

memory_management 0x0000001a is caused by faulty memory. Is this where the Memtest program thing comes in use?

I hope the forumers here can have a look at my Blue Screens attached below and provide me easy-to-understand step-by-step solutions to resolve them. Having four separate BSOD's in one day is not anything to take lightly.

Oh, and if it helps:

Acer Aspire M1600
Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 32-bit X-86
3GB of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz

2 weeks ago I cleaned up all the dust the inside of the computer. I took out the main CPU fan and graphics card (like I always do when cleaning), cleaned it and put it back into place; securely, as I always do. A week later, I started having CMOS Cheksum errors, but soon got it fixed by replacing a new CMOS battery. Now, these blue screens start appearing.

Attachments

• Mini121910-01.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini122910-01.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini122910-02.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini122910-03.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini122910-04.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Let's start with a good solid diagnostic step by running Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Too late, the computer was not able to start Windows the next day (Windows is unable to start), sent it to the shops last week, then today the shop said it could not partition the hard drive (after reformatting). They SUSPECT it could be a motherboard failure. Now they're checking the components to see what's the problem.

*Online from cyber cafe

Back