FPS drop and findinf solution

Jeremy Htoo

I was playing CSGO smoothly past months already around 170-200 fps. But,yesterday I downloaded GTAV which is free on epicgames and my laptop began to start lagging as soon as I played. I was playing smoothly at the start of the game but when it reached to mid game my fps suddenly dropped to 20 fps for the whole game. The voice in discord started to glitch when I'm talking and the laptop doesn't seem to run smoothly . I also had deleted GTAV and epic games and it doesn't work either. Can someone help me with it? I would be so grateful if the solution works.
Specs:
CPU-9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H (4C / 8T, 2.4 / 4.1GHz, 8MB)
GPU-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
Ram-8gb

Last edited:
You have a good performance laptop.

A game you downloaded lost a very substantial amount of performance suddenly.

Did reboot help?
Did malware scan produce result?
Did you run Task Manager or, even better, Resmon to see if there is a rogue program?
Did Reliability Monitor show any errors?
Did Device Manager show any hardware errors?

You have a good performance laptop.

A game you downloaded lost a very substantial amount of performance suddenly.

Did reboot help?
Did malware scan produce result?
Did you run Task Manager or, even better, Resmon to see if there is a rogue program?
Did Reliability Monitor show any errors?
Did Device Manager show any hardware errors?
I have rebooted my laptop and it didn't work either. It doesn't show any errors. Without opening a game and using the laptop normally is fine.Thanks for your advice.

Reboot did not help.
No errors found in Reliability or in Device.

Malware scan?
Resmon? (try running game and resmon in separate windows looking for issues)

Back to original problem..."smoothly at the start of the game but when it reached to mid game my fps suddenly dropped to 20 fps " and " voice in discord started to glitch ". What do you now experience? Always low FPS and glitches? Games start fine, but then fall down? In resmon, were there any large use activities going on while the game was running (problem could be a corrupted file in a common service or program)?

Yes, I know it is like throwing a series of kitchen sinks at a sweet ant, but we haven't found any error as yet. The next kitchen sink is to check the storage for any corrupt OS files. I'll let Windows 10 tell you all about it:

Back to original problem..."smoothly at the start of the game but when it reached to mid game my fps suddenly dropped to 20 fps " and " voice in discord started to glitch ". What do you now experience? Always low FPS and glitches? Games start fine, but then fall down? In resmon, were there any large use activities going on while the game was running (problem could be a corrupted file in a common service or program)?

Yes, I know it is like throwing a series of kitchen sinks at a sweet ant, but we haven't found any error as yet. The next kitchen sink is to check the storage for any corrupt OS files. I'll let Windows 10 tell you all about it:
My fps still drop during the mid game and I need to restart the laptop over to get my normal fps back. There were not any large use of activities other than my game and discord.Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

My laptop works now thanks for your help

What did the trick? Was it the DISM & SFC ?
I didn't even do the advice from Microsoft.I was playing game and the fps didn't drop at the mid game then I continued for another match and the fps didn't drop. I don't know how it worked.It just happened.I think the advice you gave me might help my problem. Thank you so much for saving my laptop.

Back