Fps drop

Hello, I have an acer aspire v3-571g i5 and 8gb ram, nvidia geforce gt 630, when I play any game my fps drops in my experience my computer should hold to borderlands and league of legends at full graphics but yeah, I start with 60 fps and suddenly it drops to 20 and then jumps up to 60 after 10 seconds I dont get why and how im suppost to fix it.
need answer fast anyone?

Download the latest driver here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62795. Chose the Custom install option and check the box saying "Clean Install". That should fix the issue, but you can make other optimizations like setting your power profile to high performance (press on the battery icon in the bottom right corner and select the high performance profile. Make sure you only select this profile when you are plugged in (not on battery). You should always game on power since gaming on battery halves your clock speeds. You can also right click on the game icon and select properties, then go to the compatibility tab and select that box that says "Disable Desktop Composition". The game should run optimally now.

Well yea I have already done that, I have the latest driver, my power options is on high performance, I got everything og performance even the displaydriver, my computer doesnt even get hot :O are there anything else that I should do?

I also have advanced system care full version w antivirus

Ok, you need to reinstall the driver though. I said to Clean Install, that should fix any issues with the driver. Also, you need to disable the desktop composition as I said. Finally, Advanced System Care free is bloatware and is a scam in my opinion. I used to use it and it gave me a Trojan (I downloaded it from a legitimate site) and it also didnt fix any of my issues while CCleaner did. If you wanna test it, run a optimization scan and run it again. You get the same results.

Well ok I will try to clean install the driver now, I didnt get the same results :)

But what if it doesnt work then what should I do then? :)

Wait wait.

What exactly is the problem? that for a split second the FPS is going down? not really affecting your experience? I'm trying to understand

In case you might have a problem with the laptop:
1. install updated drivers - you did it
2. Monitor the GPU and CPU temps and clocks under load. You can start with OCCT, for example, but the best would be if you could use HWINFO to record these.

Wait wait.

What exactly is the problem? that for a split second the FPS is going down? not really affecting your experience? I'm trying to understand

In case you might have a problem with the laptop:
1. install updated drivers - you did it
2. Monitor the GPU and CPU temps and clocks under load. You can start with OCCT, for example, but the best would be if you could use HWINFO to record these.

He already check temps and said they were fine. As for the clock speeds though, the high performance profile should allow for the highest possible clock speeds.

Open up Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Then launch your game. When FPS drops to very low, Alt-Tab outta there and have a look to see what's at the top of CPCU/RAM/HDD usage.

None of them are at top, cpu are at 60% and ram at 70% hdd didnt check... I dont get it my friend have a computer with lower performance but hes game running great, I have no viruses got eset smart security... but! I recently installed windows 8 on my computer if that has something to do with it.

Well honestly kinda odd, but a GT 630 is a decent mobile card so it should be fine for this. In League my recomendation would be to try setting the game to Ultra then clicking Stable and seeing what would happen (Or any graphic setting you were trying for). If its still spiking around, then you might have some display or performance problem. One thing to also check since this seems a bit random, your PSU for the laptop, is it getting extremely hot or can you watch your battery indicator (Or run on high performance setting on battery only) and see if it does it. If the Power Supply is overheating or has a short somewhere, your system could be randomly shutting it off from charging and dropping the performance to underclocked mode on the Nvidia GPU that is an auto setting in nvidia control panel. That underclocks the card and that could be causing your huge performance drops, check on that and see what happens.

You mentioned Windows 8 as well, perhaps you could try rolling back to Windows 7 if you have the option? A bit of a long shot I know but we seem to have covered a lot of the other bases with other users.

Well does not seem like you should need to since that laptop is not that old. However if you want to, I personally think toshiba for durability. But my personal favorite for laptop brands are asus for moderate gaming and reliability, msi for high gaming at a decent price, Lenovo for a nice quality build, or acer for medium gaming at a good price point.

That's just my opinion on notebooks.

Depending on your budget, I do have a recomendations, this is one I normally recommend to people looking for a budget gamer because its an odd specimen that gets high reviews. It's got 2 650ms in sli and this version has an i5 (for 100 more you can get the i7). That's just my 2 cents.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312438

Back