FPS in 96 kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

Here's a simple little game that is amazing, at least to me, (doesn't take much). The amazing part is it's only a 96 kb download. It's not all that long, but a lot longer that you would expect for the download. It's called .kkrieger, chapter I. Download it here, at GamersHell.

Won't run on the office laptop as this needs a card with Pixel Shader 1.3 support. Oh well. Have to try it once my new motherboard and processor finally turn up :(

it has a long load time to start the game (1.5 minutes on my computer). it is quite amazing how small the game is in size. the graphics are pretty decent as well. nice game (although it is kinda short as expected).

It takes a long time to start, as it doesn't have any regular textures but are creating them when you start it.

I've downloaded it, but haven't yet had time to test it.
Looks incredible from the screenshots I've seen though...

The Produkkt Game

if anyone ever saw the famous "32kb movie" and was left completely lobotomized trying to comprehend how they did it, then ive got something you'll like :)

For all of you who havnt seen the 32kb movie, then it was quite simple, it was a computer generated movie with sound and textured, high detail 3D Models, it went on for about 10/15 minutes this video, it was much like a screensaver, but the amazing thing which completely left me clueless was the fact it was only 32kb, HOW THE HELL?!?!?!

Well here it is, this file contains a readme and a .exe, READ THE README FIRST!

You will need a bit of a beast to run this, a first person shooter with average graphics, nothing special really, apart from the fact its 96kb!!!!!!!

I have no idea how these guys do these incredible things, but im sure what theyre doing is the future for computer games.

All the textures, AI, geometry and sound is rendered with your computer hardware, its a purely hardware generated game, all the .exe does is tell the hardware how to do it, thats why you need a beast to play this......Enjoy!

http://www.theprodukkt.com/

kkrieger_snapshot1.jpg

kkrieger_snapshot4.jpg

Played it already ("FPS in 96k" posted by Olefarte on 15/04/04) and its quite impressive. Quite a basic FPS but when you consider that its a tiny exe that does all that its an absolutely astounding feat :O

Um sorry Olefarte, didnt realise this was a double post, Admins can delete this thread if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back