FPS in gaming

Hey guys,
I'm new here. I've wanted to ask you a question about my fps. My laptop runs all of my games with low fps. I think that my laptop's performances are good:
(also I've formatted my computer 1 day ago)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @2.27 GHz 2.27GHz
Graphic card: nVIDIA GeForce 310M; VRAM 1GB
RAM: 3GB

So, do you know what's the problem?
If you know, please help me.

Thanks,
molivsoguma

Have you checked your drivers are the latest version? Also make sure not much is running in the background such as a virus scan or defrag. Has this game run fine on this laptop before?

I've updated the newest drivers 3 hours ago. And when I bought my laptop, WC III and Prototype also were running fine. But my laptop slowed down before I installed NBA 2k11.

How can we help you when you didn't gave us any additional informations except your system specs? Try to see if your laptop is overheating, has some kind of viruses, malware etc...

Check what is using most of your resources with Ctrl+alt+del < Task Manager < Processes < Click the "Mem Usage." Or maybe your laptop is trying to actively download some sort of Java or Windows update. Typically that is what use to do it for me. I remember that at one time some sort of update would be running in the background and bogging down my already low bandwidth. Just some tips.

Back