Fraps Carmageddon recording problem - 4 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahal

Hi everyone,

As per the title. Sorry mods if this is in the wrong place. I'm going nuts with this! I'm trying to record various older games on a fairly mediocre machine with Nvidia 9600 graphics. Speed doesn't seem to be a problem, and the game runs beautifully with Fraps recording, but I get very smooth playing garbage for videos!

I tried to post a screenshot from my desktop but can't. Basically imagine the game screen x4, in 256 colours. That's basically the result I'm getting ... like the output of a mulitplexer. Now I know Carma is one of the weirdest games out there ( piddly carmav.exe patches etc ) but I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

I've tried Glidos, but to no avail. I've also tried hunting down loads of patches, but the links are either dead or they don't make any difference. Afaik Fraps is listed as compatible with Carmageddon 1? I'm successfully running CG1 on XP without compatibility btw - seems the key is to run the CD from an external drive. Weird!

I've given up on DosBox at this stage - great app. but I keep getting problems ( not least the famous 'Please insert CD' when it's already in. I know about copying the CD over and running it from the hard drive, but it's jerky in DosBox.

I figure my problems will either instantly make sense to someone, or none at all lol.

Thanks,

Tony.

PS: The garbage display is only on playback of the Fraps recordings - the gameplay is super smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back