Freeze Once a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am new here so bare with me.
I have read thru other post with the same type of problem but Bobbye recommends starting a new post so here we go.

I just built a new computer:
Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP3 OEM Version
Asus P6T Intel X58 Socket LGA1366 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU
2x Corsair XMS 6144MB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz (3 x2048)
BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC 1GB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI
Ultra X3 1000w PSU
2x LG 22X DVDRW SATA OEM
Mid tower case
Latest Bios
Latest Drivers (fully replaced at least 2 times)
CPU Temp under load runs at 153f
Case Temp under load 103f
No errors in Event Log
No errors in Device Manager

When I start computer everything works fine in windows I can browse the web, check email run excel and not have any problems, BUT as soon as I start a game with in a few mins I start to get a auto loop and then a freeze that I have to power down to clear, BUT once I do this I can go right back in play a game for hours and not see it happen again, then once I power off for the night when I start back up the next day it happens all over again, there is no temp or volt jump when this happens, the only warning I get is the auto loop.
This only happens after then compter has been powered off for hours then after the reboot I have play for 4-10 hours with no problem.
Games I have been playing are Warhammer online, Ruins of Magic, Orange Box Multi player and Solo Oblivion solo so it is not just online games its every game.

Any Help???

Thanks a ton
Tom

If you need any more info just ask

'Morning Tom. How about I bear with you instead of seeing you bare! Sorry, couldn't resist!

You have a great job of troubleshooting! Done what I would have suggested for the most part. Since gaming is memory intensive, that would be the first thing to check by running memtest. If any of the chips have gone bad, it could be that when you start a program, the amount of available RAM can't be met.

You will find a good tutorial on How To Use Memtest here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

You should also check the power supply since the problem occurs AFTER you have shut down and powered back up.

Reply back with the results and we'll go from there.

Memtest came back clean no problems.

I switched out power supply for a 800 watt and samething is happening.

I really am at a loss I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for helping Bobbye maybe you can figure this out hehe.

Tom

Sorry Tom- I didn't get notice of your reply.

Hard to figure this one out due to the inconsistency. Since it is specifically related to gaming, it could be the graphics card since the memory is good. Even that doesn't seem likely though. You've already checked all the places I would have suggested.

Keep trying to pin it down to something specific - maybe the time, the particular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back