Freezing During Benchmarking

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

I recently got a GF4 Ti4600(Lucky I guess, I burnt up my Ti4200 by overclocking and PNY still replaced it, except they sent me a Ti4600..it made me feel so good...lol) Anyway, whenever I go to benchmark my new card, with 3dmark 01 or 03 both freeze about halfway through the tests, just a solid lock out...All I can do is reset. I've tried many different drivers nothing changes, it never does it in games, I play bf1942 and nearly never have a problem. Anyway I think it may be my Powersupply, I know I need a new one, I've been using this generic 300w and I know it isnt enough for my system...Is that what you all think?

Specs:
Athlon XP 1800+
384mb DDR
100GB WD SE HDD
GF4 Ti4600
Audigy Gamer
16x CD-RW

Anything overclocked? (cpu/gpu)
Might be you PSU as you suspect, try underclocking your cpu and GPU and see if the tests complete...

Might also be that you got a re-furbished Ti4600 that's overheating too:(

Have you made any recent changes other than the video card?

Nothing is overclocked, and the ti4600 doesnt feel very hot, I've been running my pc without the side cover to keep it extra cool anyway. And the ti4600 appeared to be brand new..dont think its refurbished...

is fast write enabled? I have seen alot of ref to PnY Ti 4400 and Ti4600 that exhibited the same behavior you are referring to when fast write was enabled in the bios. but the problem disappeared when fast write was disabled. you might want to give it a shot.

Originally posted by vassil3427
Nothing is overclocked, and the ti4600 doesnt feel very hot, I've been running my pc without the side cover to keep it extra cool anyway. And the ti4600 appeared to be brand new..dont think its refurbished...

Did you try the tests w/ an underclocked cpu and/or underclocked gpu (to lessen the load on the PSU) and see if the tests complete?

instead of underclocking things - which can cause large amounts of damage ive heard - try unplugging misc addin-cards and drives
for the purpose of testing remove
-soundcard
-network card/modem
-cd/dvd drives
-second harddrives
and then see if it runs the whole way though
the same happened to me (freezing during game play) when my PSU started to fail

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back