Frequent BSODs, Please Help, Minidumps included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I've been getting a lot of frequent BSODs recently, all of the same error code: 0x000000F4. I tried to use the Debugging Tools, and I think its related to csrss.exe, but I'm not good with debugging at all. I haven't noticed any relation between the crashes and my running programs, and I haven't installed any new software or hardware. I ran Memtest for a while, without getting any errors. I also tried moving the pagefile to another drive, which didn't work. I moved it back to my C:, after doing a chkdsk C: -r, still didn't work.

Could someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

oh god, ur problem sounds just like miine.

Random no pattern BSOD's

Have u tried formatting?

I have, twice, and clean boot off XP pro no other drievrs installed bam BSOD.

I've singled my problem as hardware.

You should start testing ur stuff.

Thanks for replying

Yes, I actually found your thread after i posted.

But I'd prefer not to format yet - its a real nuisance to reinstall everything back, and I'm quite busy with exams and other things atm

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at csrss.exe. This is a critical Windows system file. They also reference wpsdrvnt.sys. This is part of your Sygate firewall programme.

Try updating or uninstalling sygate and see if your system still crashes. Obviously, you will need to disconnect frrom the net in order to test this out, if you uninstall Sygate.

Don`t reconnect to the net, untill you have a firewall installed.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I had the same problem, csrss.exe kept shutting down.

Listed my firewall as a culprit. So i uninstaleld norton internet security, then i installed COMODO firewall, all was good FOR A WHILE.
Soon it started again and COMODO driver was listed for shutting down csrss.exe

Then it hit back with vengence, BSOD'ed so much i formatted, and im doign exams right now, formatted the night before the exams started lol. Final year of school.

I think I've fixed my problem now, it seems fixed because no BSOD for 3+ hours, il wait 5 days till i start partying, but yeh.

How i think i solved my problem?

I figured that my problems started when i replaced my old windows 80GB IDE drive with a brand new 36GB SATA Raptor, because my 80GB drive was dying.

I tested everything i can think of, and it still BSOD's with justt he raptor connected.

but my raptor is NEW 5 years warranty and all the WD diagnostics come out clean.

After looking through the event viewer some more, i found some funyn system errors, they were mentioning my SATA controller on my mobo.

And funnily enough, i UNINSTALLED my SATA drievrs which were the latest ones. and my BSOD problem changed from a windows service terminatign error (csrss.exe) into a machine_check_exception BSOD.
Figured somehting was up.

So then i had this brilliant idea. If its my SATA controller screwing up then i just WONT use it!!!

I swapped my SATA2 disk connected to a Jmicron SATA2 controller with my Raptor, since SATA2 is backward compatible and i set my SATA2 disk to SATA 1 mode into my SATA controller.

Its all fine now, well for now... at least.
My two storage drives are doing ok in SATA, no difference at all.

And my Ratpor on my SATA2 plug, no BSOD's

Conclusion, check ur hardware and DON'T buy ASROCK motherboards... you get what you pay for, cheap mobo = problems.

Solved the problem...of all things possible, the culprit turned out to be WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER and its Sharing Folders feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back