Fried memory slot, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

razanspartan

HEY GUYS!!!! GREETINGS!!!
i just joined earlier today, im seriously in need of help..
my friend ask me to fix his pc...i tried to replace the memory with 2 512mb ddr with his original memory 128mb and a 256mb of ram...just then when replacing it and turning it on ...i heard a huge "beep!".. then i immediately shut the pc down...then when i check it up...i saw i "black spot" on one of the memory slot..i figured it out its fried up....luckily the mobo has two memory slot , only one of the slot had been fried....i replaced the two 512mb with the original ones...the problems now is that.....the pc is kinda slow in starting up showing the bios..and showing a "blue error screen" after and sometimes restarting over and over again..
i really need your help guys... really really need it...
im counting on this site for any help you can give..
thanks..!!

raj, philippines

Yup i would also agree that your motherboard is fried. Or as a last resort try reinstalling the bios maybe??

Did you fit the correct memory? ive never heard of a bad memory installation burning out the motherboard.

" I've never heard of a bad memory installation burning out the motherboard"...

Sometimes a novice computer builder will install DDR memory backwards, or not fully seated. When the power is turned on, the unseated memory sends a spark that arcs to the motherboard... damaging the motherboard

Sometimes a novice computer builder will install DDR memory backwards

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can't you only install RAM one way? Unless you use a hammer to get it in the slot

It doesn't fit due to the split?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can't you only install RAM one way? Unless you use a hammer to get it in the slot

It doesn't fit due to the split?

A more likely scenario is having the DIMM crooked in the slot, and causing a RAM terminal to bridge 2 terminals in the mobo socket.

As much as I'm loathe to admit it, (even to myself), I fried a video card by yanking it out crooked with the power on, after that "slick" maneuver, all I got was blue out of the primary output.

thanks anyway guys... but its already done... already fix it!!!!
eventhough i recieved comments not " HELP!"

\/n...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back