Friend pc troubles, viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma dragon00

ok, this is the third pc ive tried to fix. my friend came to me saying his pc wouldnt access the internet, but i was able to fix it. the odd thing is, avg, spybot, and adaware arent picking up much malware, but it still seems to go slow. avg did find and fix 2 trojans, though, while i was scanning with avg.

anyway, heres the hjt log file. i may not get bakc very often, maybe once or twice a week, because his pc is staying at his house. im not taking it home with me ;)

here ya go, and thanks once again :)

~plasma

There are only 2 deactivated entries showing that are bad. I suggest you go to this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic93156.html and follow the Malware removal instructions carefully.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of plasma dragon00 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

will do when i get a chance. i went over to his house today, but it was late so im most likely going to wait for the weekend to do it.

also, what exactly do you mean by "deactivated" like viruses/trojans/other malware thats in his system, but in a dormant state? if so, do you think theres a chance of them activating by the time i do get over there to finish cleaning his system?

well, once again, thanks

~plasma :)

I meant the log entries were deactivated which may have been done by a past scan. The system needs the instructions run on it just incase what I spotted was the tip of the iceberg. With malware, it's better to be safe than sorry.

This thread is for the use of plasma dragon00 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back