Front Panel Connections to Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed a new motherboard into my computer and have everything connected with the exception of the HDD LED, Power SW and Reset SW. For the life of me I cannot figure out where they go. The instructions are useful to the point. It shows that the 9 pins (4 on top, 5 on the bottom) but doesn't provide any instruction on which cord attaches to where. All the above connections (HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW) consist of 2 pins. There are different colors on the pins (2 red, 2 orange, 2 green, 2 blue, 1 yellow) and only the orange/red have the positive/negative marked on them. So how do I know what connections go where?

If it matters the Power SW is Black/White, the Reset SW is Green/White and the HDD LED is Red/White.

The motherboard is a: Foxconn M61PMV AM2+ Ready

I am fairly novice with this type of stuff so would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks In Advance,

Have you checked the top of page 14 of the motherboard manual? It has a clear illustration of the front panel header pins and which is which. The white wires would be the negative side.

Thank you so much. I didn't even know it came with anything more then the Quick Installation Guide. Don't I feel like an *****. It was still hiding in the box. After reading it that should be everything I need to get the last parts hooked up. Thanks again, you rock! =)

Just to touch this base, if you are reusing your old heatsink and fan, be sure to put a fresh dab of thermal compound between it and the processor.

Appreciate the info . . . I actually ended up having to buy a new processor/heatsink and it came with the compound already applied and good to go. I had bought some just in case but it turned out I didn't need it after all. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back