Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucumber

For those of you wondering whether or not to spend $399 on a Graphics card, this shouls convince you!

http://www.mikhailtech.com/articles/video/gainwardti4600/

For those of you who cant be bothered to read it here is the conclusion, and a few scores:

Quote:
-------------------------------------------
This is about it for 3D performance, all the tests show clearly that the GeForce4 Ti4600 is undoubtedly the fastest video card available right now, even though most games don't even have full support for all the features included in the GeForce3 series. But for those of you that need very fast frame-rates in all games, Ti4600 is the card for you.

As far as 2D quality is concerned, I think the Ti4600 lines up with all other nVIDIA cards, maybe even a slight better than the rest. Even at very high resolutions such as 1600x1200, the text is very readable and the image is very clear. Therefore I award all 45 points here, for both 3D and 2D performance. Believe it or not, this card scored 99/100 points, the highest score ever to be seen by me. Just take a look at the Pros and Cons to see why.

Pros:
GeForce4 Ti4600 chipset, fastest ever
128MB super fast DDRAM
Good software bundle
VIVO capabilities
Dual DVI connectors
Looks very cool
3D glasses included
FireWire card included

Cons
Price

I don't know what your impression of the card is after reading this review, but my impression, after testing and playing with the card for two days, is very good. Not only it is the fastest gaming card available, but you can use it as a TV-Tuner or even as a video capture card. Not to mention those nifty 3D glasses and the FireWire controller that are a very nice addition to the package. If you have any questions or comments let me know here or post in the forums or both. Thanks for reading and enjoy the site!

Test PC
AMD XP2000+
256mb PC2100
I sure thats all you want to know about the PC

3DMark2001SE Scores
1024x768x32
GeForce4 Ti.4600 = 11378
GeForce3 Ti.200 = 7356

LOOKS PRETTY GOOD:cool:
Laterz, CUCUMBER

Thanks for the article Cucumber!!! I've had alot of respect for Gainward as I got my first graphics card from them. I've been looking at this particular card for some time, but don't have the money to spend on it. Maybe I'll come across some money soon and be able to get this baby!!!

Personally I would go for the Geforce 4 ti 4400 as its cheaper and could be overclocked to nearish ti 4600. The ti 4200 they should be fantastic value for money and if you mod a cpu heatsink n fan on it, it should be a good overclocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back