Game port issues

I am using a program that I would like to use a foot pedal with...The program setup instructions tell me to "Connect the footpedal as a 2 button/2 axis joystick under Control Panel\Gaming Options."

When I try to do this, a "Missing Gameport or Gameport Drivers!" error box pops up saying "Your Gameport or Gameport drivers are not properly configured. Please consult the Device Manager."

Looking at the Device Manager, there is no Gameport installed. I have found that I [probably] need the "Standard Game Port," however I cannot figure out where to find the driver file.

I know that the foot pedal works on this computer. I can get it working in the two other programs that I use, it's just this one progam that requires it be in the "Gaming Options." I am totally willing (and able) to exicute some sort of hack-around if you have a way.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.
Liz!

The computer is:
mobo: Shuttle MV43V v7.3

Update

I've now been able to install the foot the foot-pedal as a 2 button/2 axis joystick...Windows was able to actually recognize it as such and do it for me after disabling COM1.

However, now it tells me that the "joystick" is not connected...despite the fact that it will reinstall it automagically if I uninstall it. How can I make the computer recognize that the foot-pedal is connected?

Thank you!

It sounds like you haven't installed the device driver yet. Try going to the manufacturer's website for the driver.

Back