Gaming can play a positive role in mental health?

brucefleck

Recently read a blog on how gaming can play a positive role in mental health. People are saying gaming helps them deal with stress and helps them divert their mind from potential triggers. Game developers have also incorporating mental health into the development process, started to portray mental illness with more empathy and understanding.
From my personal experiences I think this is somewhat true, video games are really a stress buster fro me, especially during this lockdown time. What do you guys think?

I certainly think that it can. Games like Far Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb raider and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey have completely prevented me from going stir-crazy during the pandemic. They also let me feel like I'm taking a vacation in another land (and Ancient Greece is absolutely STUNNING!).

Recently read a blog on how gaming can play a positive role in mental health. People are saying gaming helps them deal with stress and helps them divert their mind from potential triggers. Game developers have also incorporating mental health into the development process, started to portray mental illness with more empathy and understanding.
From my personal experiences I think this is somewhat true, video games are really a stress buster fro me, especially during this lockdown time. What do you guys think?
I second you on this. Gaming of any sort be it online or offline is a real stress buster. I usually play prefer online gaming playing solo whenever I feel like I need an escape from all the that's around me.

Back