system memory 6 GB DDR3 RAM
hard drive capacity 750 GB
drives included LightScribe super multi DVD Double layer
screen size 15.6
screen type BrightView wide screen
video memory 1 GB
video/graphic chip BUILT IN

Yeah this is the graphics

"Radeon HD 6770M switchable graphics with 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 3813MB total graphics memory" is that good?

Can't say I'm an expert for laptops, but my friend recently purchased a laptop with a similar build (his CPU/Graphics are a bit lower) and he can run all the games he plays fine. Hopefully another TechSpot member will throw in some comments here and there, but we'll just have to wait for that.

Moving on... what kind of games do you plan on playing with the laptop? Anything specific?

From what I can tell, the graphics card and CPU should be fine for current games. Here are a couple of benchmarks you can see for yourself... links below.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770M.43955.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-2410M-Notebook-Processor.45317.0.html

As I am still fairly new, take my replies with a grain of salt. :p

Thanks for reply I appreciate it :) I will not be playing Hardcore games only Runescape a Java game but I want to play it on full HD with no problems.

Thanks.

No problem.

If you're main goal is to play Runescape then the laptop should be able to handle it easily. XD In fact it's probably an overkill.

Although I haven't played Runescape in years, so I'm not sure where they are at now... but I doubt the requirements could be THAT high. :haha:

Anyway, glad I could be of any assistance!

gd

This laptop is quite powerful, though is it possible to customize it?
6 gb of ram is a lot, and i5 is pretty powerful, also 750 HDD is quite a lot, meaning if it's possible to customize that, you can cut the price. Basically your laptop with current features supposed to run not only Runescape but even more demanding games on medium to high settings. Don't forget additional cooling. And by the way, myself, I'm struggling with those strange video chips they put in laptops. Those are different families, based on mobile computing, and when it says 1gb of memory, that's not enough for me, I'd look up what the chip itself represents. In that case, Radeon HD 6670 is decent.

Back