gaming on a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffers

Hi , due to unforseen circumstances i have been left with only my trusty old laptop to play World Of Warcraft .. I have a packard bell easynote F7280 which has 64 mb shared ram graphics .The problem is sometimes i'm only getting 2 or 3 frames per second .As you can imagine this is quite frustrating so i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could improve the performance of the gameplay ??? Thanks in advance for any help you can give .

The only thing you will be able to add to that laptop is ram, thats it.

I don't believe that that laptop will ever be able to play that game.

well i do hard core gaming on my laptop which is an acer aspire 5100 with 1GB ram, and lag happens some times for me to, what helped alot was a faster internet conection, the upgraded RAM, and probably see if you can update the graphics card to something a little more to date, also check the room in your hard drive, older laptops/computers in general sometimes only have 10 GB hard drives. you honestly cant replace them, so you are SOL there just like ric said. I will ask my IT instructor what else could be an issue but i think that is all u can do for a laptop bro is more RAM, GL
QUICK

A laptop of that type will not have upgradable graphics without replacing the entire mobo, and that will cost about as much as a new laptop i expect.

Hi thanks for the info .. forgot to add that i've upgraded the ram to 1gig already :) . But looks like i'll need to suffer till after christmas when i can afford to build a new desktop:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back