Gamtec PS to USB won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

unD!

Hey everyone,

A few years back I bought a Playstation to USB device that lets me plug my Playstation controllers into my computer so I can use them to play games.

I recently got it off the shelf, and plugged it into my computer. The drivers automatically installed - though I downloaded them from the Gamtec website to be sure and installed them. It recognized the device, and said "USB Human Interface Device" or something like that. Anyway, I tested it on Counter Strike (Half Life 1 Version), with the 'Joystick' enabled - however, in the game the controller failed to work.

I also tried changing the buttons (eg, fire, move forward) but they did not change to any of the PS controller buttons. So I'm stuck with the default settings (Spacebar - jump, mouse1 - fire, etc) and the PS controller fails to run. Keep in mind that I am using a controller from the Playstation 1, the one without the analog sticks.

I had it working in the past with GTA Vice City. Could it be the game, damage to the device, or my sheer lack of knowledge about such things? Help would be greatly appreciated.

You say that you installed the driver from the Gamtec webisite, have you tried using it with just the generic windows drivers?

They automatically installed when I put the PS to USB device in. It said "Your hardware is installed and ready to use"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back