Gateway Audigy drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Boogie
I tried these drivers from Gateway TWICE and they don't work ! Thank gawd I made a restore point...

I ran the Audigy.exe file as instructed and BOOM !! dead :dead:

Thomas/others....what am I doin wrong ???

I'm curious as to why you'd want to use Gateway drivers. I think I've seen something about that, but if you don't have a gateway card, it's probably just going to cause problems because OEMs are slow to release drivers, and it may only work properly on some sort of hacked up Gateway Audigy that you don't have.

I see your point...but Thomas has tried these drivers or a version thereof and work. Others over at 3Dsoundsurge have gotten them to work too. I have the Audigy card the readme file spec's so I was hopeing...

I updated to Compaq drivers last night, I don't play much these days so I haven't noticed any bug fixes and such, however they seem pretty stable so far (was using Creative's latest) and installed pretty well. Don't ask me for a link (can't remember) but Thomas posted about those a few days ago.

I updated to Compaq drivers last night

OK..so how exactly did U go about it? Step by step. I've tried the drivers and other variations of them and they break my sound.

Hopefully Creative will release a unified set soon.

Step by step? Downloading, installing, rebooting... that was pretty much about it ;) I'm not saying these drivers work much differently than the older ones I was using though.

I used the Compaq ones, didn't try the Gateway as they are older too.

I tried those too. They broke my sound AND CDROM. Had to do a complete reinstal of my OS. I just don't get it ?

Sounds a bit iffy alright that does.

Have you tried moving the Audigy to a different PCI slot?
I mean, whatever about the drivers not installing they shouldn't break the OS. The CD drive not working could be Disc Detector related.

I tried the 13 meg DL as U may recall me talkin to U about in my PM to U. I ran ctzapxx, tried to install the drivers, all went OK except sound was broke.
Tried to reinstall the Creative latest drivers then and I got error saying I had to install the drivers from the CD first....no go.
Tried to roll back..no go
Uninstalled ALL Creative stuff and reinstalled fresh from CD...no go.
Then my ROM quit working even tho device man says it was OK.
Tried uninstalling the drivers only from add/remove...no go.

I have moved my card around. Pulled my NIC too and tried.
Finally the CD drivers would not work either.

This really has me stumped :confused:

Thomas..can U provide step x step how to uninstall/install ?
I have the latest Audigy drivers for XP and all is fine. I would really like to see what JK2 and MOHAA sound like with the new drivers.

Thanks and any other advice would be appreciated.
I'm about to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back