Gateway computer has blue screen and freezing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I purchased a Gateway computer for Christmas, a DX4270, that frequently gets blue screen errors and random freezes of all sorts, while running many different types of applications. It's been freezing since before I even hooked it up to my internet connection, therefore I don't think it's any form of malware. I noticed on the Gateway website that it said this particular computer was supposed to come with an nVidia graphics card, but mine apparently came with an ATI graphics card. I have a feeling there may be a sort of driver conflict there. Any thoughts?

hmm... not sure, can you post the specs of the computer for us? It does sound like a hardware issue though... did you check your device manager to make sure all the drivers were working and up to date?

What are you normally doing when it blue screens and/or freezes?

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2333 Mhz

4 GB DDR2 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3650

15-in-1 Memory Card reader

I have nVidia drivers for my RAID, my Serial ATA. But I do have all up-to-date drivers for my graphics card and everything else.

I get blue screens and freezes with everything. FIrefox, Internet Explorer, various games; heck it's even frozen randomly on desktop.

Having the Blue Screen error number is helpful, to make sure you can get it without your Computer restarting do this:

Right Click My Computer > Properties > Advanced Properties > Startup and Recovery Settings > uncheck the auto restart box.

also this is where you can find your recent memory dump:

C:\Windows\Minidump\

I hope this helps you get more information, its always helped me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back