Gateway Mx7525 Laptop charging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the proper area for posting this question. I have a Gateway laptop mx7525. I'm having problems with charging it. I thought it was the charger have tested it with my volt meter and it puts out 18.6v I thought it was a bad battery and have replaced. Still no luck. When it charges the yellow charging indicater on the front edge of the laptop is supposed to turn to blue when the battery is fully charged and it doesn't. If I leave it charging long enough (3-4 hrs) it starts flashing. I turn on the computer and it shuts off after a few moments. If I take the battery out plug it into AC power and turn it on it somtimes turns on and stays on for about 30 minutes, but latley its now only for a few seconds. I have also tried "recalibrating the battery" as Gateway suggested and had no luck.

Now it seems as if its a part of the internals that senses the battery/AC power and tells the computer what to do, thats malfunctioning.

The question I have is on the MX7525 gateway laptop is it a separate board that controls this or is it built into the motherboard? Or is it somthing totaly different and I have no clue what I talking about?
Thanks in advance.

This should have been posted in the "mobile computing" forum...

"The question I have is on the MX7525 gateway laptop is it a separate board that controls this or is it built into the motherboard?"...

It really doesn't matter if the charging circuits are on a separate board or not. The laptop will have to be taken apart. I imagine that the charging circuits are on the motherboard. Are you able to change a laptop motherboard?

Tmagic650 said:
This should have been posted in the "mobile computing" forum...

"The question I have is on the MX7525 gateway laptop is it a separate board that controls this or is it built into the motherboard?"...

It really doesn't matter if the charging circuits are on a separate board or not. The laptop will have to be taken apart. I imagine that the charging circuits are on the motherboard. Are you able to change a laptop motherboard?

The reason I ask this question above is to determine if it is a separate card/board that this power circuit is on which would make it easier to repair than having to replace/repair a motherboard. So it DOES matter. Yes I can replace a motherboard. Done it before. You obviously think no one is capable of taking a laptop apart except yourself? and you still haven't answered the question so why bother responding with your lack of knowledge/but I'm still better than you attitude crap. I'm learning new stuff everyday and will never know everthing.

And if there are grammer and spelling errors above.......who gives a S _ _ T.

Now that you have the laptop apart you will be able to tell if there is a separate charging circuit. In any case most people don't have the necessary skills or experience to work on laptops. There's no need for insults!

Some Gateway parts are hard to get. Mundo Corp has some of the more "common" parts available. Gateway manuals are hard to come by too

Good luck...

I'm about to change a DC jack on a Gateway 450SX4. Those teenagers can be brutal on laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back