GeForce 5600 Antialias problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Nerd

Whenever i play a game that uses antialiasing (ie, Rome:Total War, Call of Duty 2, Myst V), the screen goes all wierd with randomly coloured pixels and showing vertexes (I cant show you pictures, because when I take a screenshot with GrabCaptureScreen, the wierdness dosent show up). I need to turn off antialiasing, this has never happened before. I have Nvidia drivers v81.95, running Leadtek Winfast GeForce 5600 256mb with My VIVO, on a Gigabyte GA-7N400S-L.

Come on People!!

I need to know whether anyone else has this problem, or if yous think my card is ****ed...

Those are called artifacts, they appear when something is wrong with your GPU. It's usually related to overheating, although drivers may also be the cause. Try going back a few driver versions until the problem is solved.

If it doesn't, then you'll have to replace the Heatsink/Fan with a better one (check first if the one you've got is working ok).

Where do I get previous version NVidia drivers?
Everest says my GPU is sitting at a good temp (Around 60 degrees celcius), so I dont think its overheating.
PS. The actual model number for my card is 'Leadtek Winfast A310 TD MyVIVO' and ive attached a picture so you an see its great heatsink/fan.

Attachments

• winfast_a310_td_myvivo_2.jpg
    winfast_a310_td_myvivo_2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the link, ill put in the last drivers and blow out the fan with some compressed air to see if that'll fix it.

while i guess drivers might help, you must remeber the fx series were plauged with not just heating issues but also strange image processing occurances. A friend came across this while using antialaising in return to castle wolvenstein with his 5700

And another thing. With 4x antialaising performance degraded very quickly.Fights were almost unbearable.

cyrax said:
You must remeber the fx series were plauged with not just heating issues but also strange image processing occurances.
:( I didn't know that!! Now i really wanna win that geforce7800 comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back