geforce fx5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i'm new here

but i'm facing problem with my vga card i have axtrom with nvidia chipset gaforce fx 5500 .

the problem is when i being play any game in start of game the pc freze when i download the last driver from nvidia and when the screen being to flicker the pc freeze i tried to recovert the bios from the cd and when finish i restart my pc when i install the driver make the same problem

plz help me

Did the games start freezing after you installed the new drivers? If so, uninstall those drivers. If you still have the original Graphics Card Installation Disk, reinstall that. You need to use a different driver. The old one would at least work.

Also new here... I have an AMD 2400, 2GB RAM, FX5500 card. I just recently upgraded my drivers to 162.18 and up until I did that I've never experienced any problems with my video card.

recently purchased a couple of very graphics intensive software apps and they required the update. Now, anytime I try to use them, the apps all crash to desktop upon attempt to launch them.

How do I revert to a previous version, such as suggested prev in this thread?

OK. Scratch my last post, I figured how to roll the video driver back... but, the same symptoms exsist. Anything that uses 3d video "AIN'T happn'in," per se.

Please help.

Did anyone buy the 3dfuzion/BFG Geforce 5500 Version?

If so, the 3dfuzion driver disc works fine on my end and i am also using the Geforce 5500 256MB PCI version, Windows98se. I have no problems at all. :)

The problem is the new WHQL drivers 162.18 and 162.22 have higher memory requirements or you will see lower performance. See the driver release notes.

I tend to use the drivers that come with the disc, because some of the drivers from the site dont work correctly. I remember when i had my Radeon 7000 card, the lastest 6.2 drivers was horrible, i got like 3fps in GTA III and vice and in ford racing 2 and 3, and this game called fate RPG.

But when i install the drivers from the disc, which was 4.3 catalyst, those games which i mention above i could play with ease, i got like near 60fps with GTAIII and vice city. So my advice, use the drivers from the disc.

If anyone want me to, i could upload the drivers from my 3dfuzion disc and send them your way with rapidshare, or is this illegal to do?

it does not matter what card u have the drivers are going to out run it eventually, and the FX5500 card has been over done by the newer drivers that is one thing I like about nVideo drivers they donot out pace a card as fast ATA does. but the FX5500 card is old and that processor is not exactally new.

That's why I couldn't understand Nvidia adding the 5000 series cards to that Forceware. Before 162.18 WHQL 32bit XP (7/26/07), the latest WHQL driver was 93.71 WHQL from 10/06. Previously the lowest cards that had support for the higher Forceware were the 6200's I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back