Getting BSODs, event 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBlade86

Hey there, I did some research and found out that this problem is usually caused by faulty RAM or bad drivers. I changed the RAM, removed some old drivers and even increased the voltage of the RAM sticks, but to no avail.

I have included 4 minidumps from my PC.

I would be grateful if someone could look at it and see what the problem is. I would like this problem fixed before I upgrade to Vista.

Thank you.

Your minidumps are pointing to hardware issues.

0x8E errors are almost always hardware issue and sometimes device driver issues.

0x50 errors means a requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Particularly cited was SINGLE_BIT_CPU_CALL_ERROR and TWO_BIT_CPU_CALL_ERROR and from what I have researched it can be due to primarily two things:

1. Corrupted Memory. It could be your memory slot is bad.

2. They also can be sypmtoms of motherboard issues.

* Because it it is hardware it is difficult to become definitive without a lot of work.

* One other driver was cited and that is vsdatant.sys which belongs to ZoneAlarm. It may be causing conflicts. Try updating.

Hey there, thanks for that.

I probably should have mentioned that this PC was new, however, when I first assembled it, I was given a faulty Power Supply. It blew up an hour after it was running.

Putting in a new PSU seems to have gotten everything to work, but perhaps the surge could have destroyed some part of motherboard or RAM.

As the hardware is still under warranty, I will get it changed and then upgrade to Vista. Thanks for the help.

You are welcome. As for Vista I would do more research first. PSUs certainly can cause serious issues when faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back