Gigabyte's Aorus FV43U gaming monitor is a 43-inch, 4K monster

Polycount

Staff
Something to look forward to: If you've managed to (somehow) get your hands on the latest and greatest PC gaming hardware from Nvidia, Intel, or AMD, now might be the time to invest in a new monitor. If so, Gigabyte wants to convince you that its newest offering, the FV43U, is the way to go. Its size rivals many household TVs at 43 inches, while still retaining all the features you'd expect from a high-end gaming monitor.

The Aorus FV43U will belong to Gigabyte's Aorus product line-up, and it will ship with surprisingly slim bezels (for a TV-sized display), optional legs for those who prefer not to wall-mount, and a built-in TV tuner. We don't have a specific release date yet, but Videocardz reports that some Asian retailers have already begun to accept pre-orders for the FV43U.

Price conversions would put the US price tag at around $1,516. Final pricing is likely to differ, but probably not by much -- $1,500 is about what I'd expect to pay for what's on offer here. There's the FV43U's144Hz refresh rate, for example, and its 4K output resolution -- not high-end features on their own, but seeing them combined in one product does arguably warrant a higher price tag.

If that's not enough, the FV43U also boasts a DisplayHDR 1000 certification, which should mean superior contrast, a wider color gamut, and a peak brightness of 1000 nits.

If you're concerned about such a big panel's gaming chops, don't be -- Videocardz claims the FV43U has an MPRT response time of 1ms, which translates to lightning-fast image transitions with minimal persistence.

As Blur Busters has pointed out in the past, "moving picture" response times are a far better gauge of a monitor's ability to control blur than gray-to-gray response times, which are usually what a manufacturer will market most heavily (as they're easier to reduce).

That's about all we know about the FV43U for now. We'll be sure to update you when Gigabyte releases more details about the device, but in the meantime, those of you with $1,500 burning a hole in your pocket will just have to wait.

Permalink to story.

Great, I love It, now let's wait few years till It becomes standard for $350.

It's obviously a $300 TV panel with some extra electronics, so It should go down in price to Earth levels in few years.

Too big for me.
Playboy by Day, Hero by Night.
43" 4K is perfect for working with many office windows at My job (@home, due to COVID), good replacement for TV, and with 144Hz, even @ 1440p, perfect for gaming, just hold back in Your seat.
Of course, I assume one above is a marketing BS. The panel is obviously from a TV.
Time will tell.

43" 4K is perfect for working with many office windows at My job (@home, due to COVID), good replacement for TV, and with 144Hz, even @ 1440p, perfect for gaming, just hold back in Your seat.
Of course, I assume one above is a marketing BS. The panel is obviously from a TV.
Time will tell.
I have two 32". It is the biggest for productivity/gaming in my book.

I have two 32". It is the biggest for productivity/gaming in my book.
Yaeh, sure, I cannot argue personal preference, but I got regular 32" 4K 60Hz, and I'm thinking about checking 43" for productivity. Sight not that 100% perfect at my age.

Yaeh, sure, I cannot argue personal preference, but I got regular 32" 4K 60Hz, and I'm thinking about checking 43" for productivity. Sight not that 100% perfect at my age.
The problem is the distance you will have to be sitting at in order not to break your eyes in the process of productivity. For gaming no problem, I guess.

Sucks that such monitors don't come with remotes for switching outputs/power. I must be in the minority for those kinds of things I guess

Time will tell.
Hopefully VESA mount and arm! Then you gain a bit of desk real estate!

For its size and its price, it should be 8k, not 4k.

You'll be better off getting Samsung's 55" 8K Q900 tv, it will make a better monitor.

How many local dimming zones does it have ... I find it odd its not mentioned anywhere

I know it uses the Mini LED tech but I dont know how many zones it has ... I just know the more zones the better it is

For its size and its price, it should be 8k, not 4k.

You'll be better off getting Samsung's 55" 8K Q900 tv, it will make a better monitor.
that is laughable ... mainly because 8k is an absurd pixel density and 4k is already very dense

144hz 10 bit color 4k already makes it a stellar monitor and at the standard viewing distances of approximately 2 to 3 feet you will have a very hard time noticing pixels especially considering the modern AA tech thats in most modern games

you would need an RTX card to even hope to have playable frame rates in 8k and even with that you would need to use the DLSS in performance mode to get playable frame rates on 20 series cards and the lower tier 30 series cards

Back