Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

Hey guys so its been like a week now of me trying to get audio on my computer, Iv download, uninstall my audio drivers to my computer nothing has worked.
I had 1 Logitech headset that would only work for my computer, Any new headsets or speakers I bought wouldn't work.
When I go to my control panel> hardware and sound> device manager it says I have,Real teck higher definition installed.
The Small volume icon in the bottom right corner has an x in it, And when I open volume mixer,
It says no audio devices installed.
I already checked Bios.
Please someone help me before I go mad!
Appreciate it.
As well when I go into Dxdiag, It says error problem getting extra sound info

This is my dxdiag Shot

Also in my Msinfo32, When I clicked problem devices, Nothing showed up

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    43 KB · Views: 5
Have you tried uninstalling all audio drivers and rebooting, then let windows install it's generic audio driver and see if there's sound? Sometimes another program or driver will corrupt the audio driver and requires un-installing the hardware (in Device Manager) and re-booting, then see if Windows finds a driver for it. I looked on Asus website for the latest audio drivers, but for the 4 versions of this motherboard, none have driver support for Vista or newer, only up to XP. Why are you using Vista, anyway? That's arguably the worst OS in existence, mostly because of driver problems. Still, Vista should have generic drivers for on board audio in it's driver database or you could try using the XP drivers from Asus http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4PEXSE/#download . If that doesn't work you may have a fried sound card. I've seen this problem a few times on older systems, either all drivers and everything looks good but still no sound, or drivers won't install because this hardware has a problem. In these cases I was forced to assume the output side was fried (after hours of troubleshooting and trying 3rd party drivers) and just install a cheap ($20) audio card (which probably sounds better than the on board audio anyway). I see you have PCI and PCIe slots so any card will fit. Here's a decent card for cheap; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020
Good luck!

Thanks, ill try your advice in a bit, studying for final exams haha, And yeah iv already tryed uninstalling, then rebooting,letting the computer automatically install new ones, rebooting, and installing what I needed. The weird thing was, That 1 headset that I used, Works if I plug it in, strange huh?, but a different headset with the same brand, wouldn't work.Thanks for the in depth reply, will test soon!.

And its my parents computer, ahah im aware of vista and its bugz

The thing with a new audio Cards, yes I have the Slots but it seems I have no space to put a new sound card?

Hi, One way out of this might be to try USB powered speakers, it worked for me with a borrowed laptop, where the headphone jack had packed up. The audio was on the USB sockets, so you need some speakers with USB plug (power and audio) or an adapter for USB to 3.5mm, so you can use headphones or 3.5mm jack on any PC speakers.
The adapters are about £5 and I bought one off our local street market PC shop.

Back