Going "Hands Free" with GM's Super Cruise

I used Supercruise in the CT6. It’s a really cool feature. I think all cars should have an adaptive cruise control with autonomous steering.

I have ACC but I must steer.

I like Tesla’s autopilot but supercruise did not require my hands on the wheel- only that it can see my eyes.

My mom’s XT5 goes back in 2 months off-lease.

I was hoping the supercruise feature and/or the Lyriq would be available but it isn’t yet and XT4/XT5/XT6 don’t offer supercruise yet.

A Fully electric vehicle with autonomous driving can literally drive itself from point A to point B (on a Navigation display) while obeying all traffic lights, speed limits and simultaneously avoiding other vehicles and pedestrians.

Thus far, Tesla is the only company demonstrating full self driving.

The technology is still in beta phase with many companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hadn’t heard much about it over the past four years, we wouldn’t blame you.

lol. Every tech and car site reviewed this already, and they loved it.
BTW Ford new version is called Blue Cruise

If you hadn’t heard much about it over the past four years, we wouldn’t blame you.

lol. Every tech and car site reviewed this already, and they loved it.
BTW Ford new version is called Blue Cruise

Cadillac was doing an annual test drive where they'd invite virtually anyone to come to a set up track and drive their car line. Covid 19 killed that for 2020 and 2021.

Tesla did the SMART THING and created "contactless" test drives where you can pre-arrange to come to a location and test drive their cars without a salesman inside.

Cadillac needs something like that, but I'm sure they prefer a salesguy in the car - especially to test that feature.

Most people don't know about it if they don't see the new commercial.

I used Supercruise in the CT6. It’s a really cool feature. I think all cars should have an adaptive cruise control with autonomous steering.

I have ACC but I must steer.

I like Tesla’s autopilot but supercruise did not require my hands on the wheel- only that it can see my eyes.

My mom’s XT5 goes back in 2 months off-lease.

I was hoping the supercruise feature and/or the Lyriq would be available but it isn’t yet and XT4/XT5/XT6 don’t offer supercruise yet.

A Fully electric vehicle with autonomous driving can literally drive itself from point A to point B (on a Navigation display) while obeying all traffic lights, speed limits and simultaneously avoiding other vehicles and pedestrians.

Thus far, Tesla is the only company demonstrating full self driving.

The technology is still in beta phase with many companies.
In ten years time, we will still be hearing about the upcoming self-driving cars, but none that can actually do it safely. Too many people have swallowed Musks cool-aid.

In ten years time, we will still be hearing about the upcoming self-driving cars, but none that can actually do it safely. Too many people have swallowed Musks cool-aid.

I've seen the beta in action and seen the progression... Ten years? I'll happily take that bet.

Lawyers will love this. I can see the litigation over who is responsible when a ped-x is run down while jaywalking.
It would be the drivers fault, since the disclaimer is the driver still needs to watch the road.
With Tesla FSD, beta testers also have to agree to a disclaimer before using the software.

Back