Google adds "+1" button to search results

Matthew

TS Evangelist
Google is adding a new feature to its search engine that lets you upvote search results. The feature has been named +1 (plus one), which, as you probably know, is commonly used on forums and similar discussion mediums to indicate that a person agrees with a previous post.

Read the whole story
 

Kibaruk

TechSpot Paladin
I'm pretty sure it will have a system to prevent such things, besides the "people you care" means it will work integrating your google account, so you "follow" or something like that (Like Buzz).

Great great idea =)
 

ramonsterns

TS Enthusiast
kibaruk said:
I'm pretty sure it will have a system to prevent such things
Such things as what, freedom of speech? I seriously don't think 4chan would need to do anything shady to get several thousand or a million votes.
 

gwailo247

TechSpot Chancellor
I don't get why 4chan would "up" itself.

When you search for 4chan in Google, the top result is...4chan. So is the 2nd and 3rd.

And it only relates to YOU, and your contacts. Who cares if millions of people upvote 4chan, unless those people are your Gmail contacts, you won't see the results, if I'm reading the article correctly.
 

ramonsterns

TS Enthusiast
gwailo247 said:
I don't get why 4chan would "up" itself.

When you search for 4chan in Google, the top result is...4chan. So is the 2nd and 3rd.

And it only relates to YOU, and your contacts. Who cares if millions of people upvote 4chan, unless those people are your Gmail contacts, you won't see the results, if I'm reading the article correctly.
I didn't say I cared if they did, I just see it as something they would do.

Hell, for all I know they could up vote everything else unrelated to them until the link to 4chan fell to the 20th page or something.
 

gwailo247

TechSpot Chancellor
ramonsterns said:
idn't say I cared if they did, I just see it as something they would do.

Hell, for all I know they could up vote everything else unrelated to them until the link to 4chan fell to the 20th page or something.
Which still won't matter if none of those people are in your contact list.
 

Kibaruk

TechSpot Paladin
Probably he needs to read a bit more... and yes THERE IS a system to prevent that. Contacts yay.
 
G

Guest

Google not only wants to track everything you do but everything that your friends and family do as well. Google - "DO NOt get caught being EVIL", too late...
 
G

Guest

The prove that +1 Google Button is Stolen as well Copied concept. http://tiny.cc/d6taz