Google is offering 3 months of Stadia Pro for free to YouTube Premium subscribers

jsilva

In brief: Google has a three-month trial of Stadia Pro for YouTube Premium subscribers in selected countries in what looks to be a way to garner more players for its cloud gaming platform. If you haven't yet tried Stadia and have a YouTube Premium subscription, this is an excellent chance to try it out.

Google Stadia has been out for over a year and a half, receiving mixed reviews at launch. Google claims the service is "alive and well", though evidence suggests that things might not be as good as Google says. The service is starting to be supported by some TV models with Android TV, a welcome addition by all means, but not enough to make subscriptions sell like hotcakes.

However, to show its cloud gaming platform to more individuals, Google is offering a three-month Stadia Pro subscription to YouTube Premium subscribers, depending on where you live. This offer is only available in the US, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK and for paid and trial YouTube Premium subscribers. However, you can't redeem it if you have an active Stadia Pro subscription or previously had one.

Canceling your Stadia Pro subscription strips you from any game you've acquired and any additional content you've claimed for those games with your Stadia Pro subscription. However, if you resubscribe to the service, Google will restore your library, including all DLCs you've bought.

At the moment, a YouTube Premium monthly subscription goes for $11.99. The Stadia Pro monthly subscription costs $9.99, valuing Google's offer at close to $30. Google's special offer is available until January 31st, 2022, but you'll be able to redeem it up to February 14th, 2022, at 9:00 AM PST or while supply lasts.

Permalink to story.

Google VPN would be nice, but Stadia? Google probably want to project some growth in player base, even if it's thanks to freebie accounts.

I think that Google should add automatic discounts if you subscribe to 3 services.

I would pay for more storage+youtube premium+music+stadia.

So if I take the free one month trial of YouTube premium will it include the 3 month trial of stadia? Might be worth a try to see if it’s any good, just need to make sure I cancel the sub as I really don’t want to be directly giving Google money after they harvest all my data and sell it to the highest bidders.

What a tired meme. Great original thought.
Considering the state and development of Stadia + Googles history of managing software products … he might not be wrong.
On the other hand, if Stadia would to fail and was shut down no one would be surprised, and we could simply add it to a pile of failed stream platforms that came and fail before. What a nice pile we have so far.

In what way are they poor?

Sums up the state of the tablet market today probably better than I can. I have the tablet they describe as the “best of the best”.

Android tablets have had it mate. Google doesn’t even properly support Android for tablets anymore as they favour Chrome. If you buy a Samsung tablet or whatever you are relying on the OEM for your OS updates.

Sums up the state of the tablet market today probably better than I can. I have the tablet they describe as the “best of the best”.

Android tablets have had it mate. Google doesn’t even properly support Android for tablets anymore as they favour Chrome. If you buy a Samsung tablet or whatever you are relying on the OEM for your OS updates.

In what way do they not support them? Most Android manufacturers provide at least 2 years of OS updates and in most cases you probably wouldn't notice if they didn't.

I personally consider tablets to be largely a waste of time, too big to fit in pocket yet lacking when compared with a laptop but if I was getting one it would have Windows as that's the most practical option, for $750 you could get a powerful laptop.

In what way do they not support them? Most Android manufacturers provide at least 2 years of OS updates and in most cases you probably wouldn't notice if they didn't.

I personally consider tablets to be largely a waste of time, too big to fit in pocket yet lacking when compared with a laptop but if I was getting one it would have Windows as that's the most practical option, for $750 you could get a powerful laptop.
Because Google doesn’t produce a tablet variant of Android any longer. It’s all produced by OEMs, they are just the latest phone versions of Android that have been scaled up, like most Android apps. Google are pushing chrome, which I would prefer to Android personally. Also, 2 years of updates is poor. Most iPads get 5+ years of updates and we do often notice some of the features that get added as they can be quite significant.

As for me, they are a good solution. I travel a lot and find them far superior to laptops for my needs. Its been a few years since I’ve lugged a personal laptop through an airport at this point.

Because Google doesn’t produce a tablet variant of Android any longer. It’s all produced by OEMs, they are just the latest phone versions of Android that have been scaled up, like most Android apps. Google are pushing chrome, which I would prefer to Android personally. Also, 2 years of updates is poor. Most iPads get 5+ years of updates and we do often notice some of the features that get added as they can be quite significant.

As for me, they are a good solution. I travel a lot and find them far superior to laptops for my needs. Its been a few years since I’ve lugged a personal laptop through an airport at this point.

I can't envision using a device for that long, one of the benefits of Android tablets being cheap is you can upgrade regularly to get better hardware.

There are also custom ROMS that can be used to manually update, I have an old Galaxy S2 running Android 11.

As for Chromebooks you can get 2-in-1's that can be used as a standalone tablet.

Back