Google redirect and adware popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to help. Really appreciate as it's quite frustrating. I have followed the 8 steps thread and am attaching my logs to this post.

I have been having two problems:
1. Google redirects me when I click on a result. I use Firefox exclusively, though I do have Internet Explorer installed on my XP operating system. Usually I am redirected to a site with "myclickcheck" in the address. Mcaffee usually blocks the site and I have to copy and paste the site I want in my address bar.

2. I am getting popups in Firefox that are using Internet Explorer. Often they are for a virus removal program. Other times it is an ad of some kind

Plese find my log attachments below:

Attachments

• malwarebam-log-2010-01-08 (11-02-21).txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-08-2010 - 11-41-53.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis 1-8-10.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
Bumped to say my popup issue seems to be gone with the usage of these programs, however I am still being redirected. It occurs about once every three times I click on a result.

Roberto, my apology. Sometimes someone falls through the cracks and gets missed. I try to start with the oldest threads first.

This puzzles me:
I am getting pop ups in Firefox that are using Internet Explorer. Often they are for a virus removal program. Other times it is an ad of some kind

I understand about the virus removal program, but can you tell me what you mean "'using Internet Explorer." And also if they are specific type of ads.

Some of the malware has gotten into the restore points- that's okay. they won't reinfect the system unless you do a system restore to a infected date. So please don't use hat feature now. When the system is clean. we have you drop the old restore point and create a new clean one.

Consider removing this: WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS. It always has mlaware with it.

Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls. Also disable your internet connection.

Important! Save the renamed download to your desktop.
  • Double click on the setup file on the desktop to run
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
  • When prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
    (Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.)
  • Query- Recovery Console image
    RcAuto1.gif

• Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
    whatnext.png

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a log.Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Include the Report in your next reply.

I'd also like you to run an online scan tos ee if there are any viruese Norton isn't handling:
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.
I'd also like you to include that log in next reply.
'd like you to run this program please:

Thanks so much for the help so far! You rule! I realize you are devoting alot of time to this board, and we all are very grateful.

As to the problem with the pop-ups, it appears to have been resolved for several days now. It was a pop-up that occurred while browsing in Firefox, but was in an Internet Explorer window. I don't remember which anti-virus software it was, but when you tried to close it, it would have a pop- up box, which would say something to the effect of, "Are you sure you want to do this? I had good results doing this after my computer was infected." I also remember it had a background like a Windows File Manager window with folders and such.

Anyways, I am attaching my logs from Combo Fix and Eset to this post. I deleted the Dell Game Console file, per your instructions.

Attachments

• combo-fix log.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 2
  • eset log.txt
    958 bytes · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back