Google redirect malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a very annoying issue, I got some mailware or worm that redirect all google (all search engine links in fact) links to somewhere else and I get pop-ups on everywebsite I visit. I have found some guides how to remove mailwares but I found them very confusing, so I wanna ask here if anybody can help me fix it.

Thanks

You might try searching on this forum for 8 step malware removal or something similar. There is very good advice there that usually works.

I know the feeling, been there, done that. There are a lot of bad nasties out there but to date the 8 STEPS has cured them all.

Just go to search & type in "8 Step" & it will get to where you want to be. Follow the instructions & Post the Logs. Somebody friendly will help you out.

When your Clean I recommend that you run CHKDSK & then DEFRAG. Hope this helps :)

Did you run SAS (SuperAnti Spyware)??

If you didn't, it is like locking the Barn Door after the horses have escaped. :blackeye: My experience is that more often than not SAS will find something that MBAM did not & vice versa. The whole idea of the 8 STEPS is to root out all the nasties & did you run MBAM at least twice?? I have found that sometimes it takes at least 3 passes before you come up clean. Keep running MBAM until it finds nothing new, that goes for CC & SAS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back