Google redirect, random programname.exe errors, multiple internet connections - help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've ran Kaspersky, superantispyware, malwarebytes ... and a bunch of other AV and anti-malware programs but they do not find anything wrong (deep scans all of them).

My symptoms are:

google redirects.
constant "programname.exe has encountered an error and needs to close" (any program that is active.. be it an online MMO game, the kaspersky antivirus, firefox or internet explorer,etc).

Special note: when I have to manually shut down kaspersky to allow another AV to run without interference it always tells me I have like 10+ internet connections open (uh oh...) and I only have one firefox window open at the time.

I check my system processes and dont see anything out of the ordinary.

This all started March 31. This machine had ran without any issue for 6+ years until March31 ... did not install anything new or uninstall anything.

Ran tests for conficker, came up negative (i do not get blocked from update or AV sites too).

attached is my HJT log:

Uninstall File Sharing/P2P Programs

During the cleaning process all File Sharing Programs should be uninstalled
This is to avoid any possible reinfection of any malwares through file sharing

We reserve the right to withdraw our support:

* If such programs are found in your logs
* Should you not agree to their removal.

As they are normally set to bypass your Firewall and Anti-Virus software
Filesharing/P2P Programs serves as a constant threat to your computer

Bitorrent is a P2P / File sharing program.
It is the likely source of your malware.
Others include Azureus, microtorrent, etc...

Uninstall such software, and start at the start of the 8 steps.
You may need to install / run some in safe mode if you get bsod errors.
I am not going to spend time with the HJT log at this point.
Someone else may jump in to help after your next post.
Good luck.

Bit Torrent has been uninstalled from my system for almost 2 years. I just noticed it was in a reg. entry on the log.

leftoever?

bitorrent is not an option to add/remove from add/remove programs nor do I have any P2P software installed.

edit: i think i found where the entry was coming from. firefox plugin that let me watch BBC UK , it has an option to search torrents.. unistalled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back