Google-redirect thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody !

Whenever I try to open Firefox and connect to my homepage, I noticed an unusual "Waiting for google-redirect.com" message... and it seems to appear every time I try to connect elsewhere.

Besides, Firefox crashes whenever several tabs are open and loading.

Here is my HijackThis log file.

Thanks for the help !

Hello again !

I should have read the "8 steps" post, my bad !

Anyway, I have followed them, here are the logfiles.

By the way, symptoms have changed :
- my computer takes longer to display the content of my desktop (Windows XP)
- whenever I click on a link, I notice that there are plenty of connections to odd ads-related webstie
- Firefox crashes more frequently

Thanks for your help !

Shameless auto bump !

Hi MrCoco

You've run those scans but you're still heavily infected. My reasoning behind this is the fact that you've got 2 anti-viruses running simultaneously (AVG and Norton - I don't know how you managed to install them both together). My recommendation would be to go through the 8-step guide again - but before you do this, uninstall both AVG and Norton and install one of our recommended AVs (Avira or Avast).

touch or Bobeye will have a look at your logs sometime as well and will instruct you on what they think you should do. They're far more experienced than I am with regard to Virus removal so you could wait for their suggestions as well.

Spyder_1386 :)

Thanks Spyder_1386 I´ll look to it ;)

MrCoco -->> After you have done what Spyder_1386 suggest, and run a complete scan with your new antivirus, please attach fresh hijackthis log.

BTW. Have you paid for Norton/Symantec ?

Me again !

I have uninstalled Norton related stuff thanks to a tool downloaded from their website.
I have installed and then updated Avast Home Edition.
Then I have performed the 8 Steps to Purity.

Here are my log files.

To answer touch's question, I got the Norton software preinstalled with my old laptop. The first updates were free but then I didn't want to pay for the following ones and I didn't bother to uninstall it... :blush:

Anyway, thanks for your dedicated support people !

Question:
Your first Mbam log on 10/05/2009 14:36:37 showed "No Action Taken." That meant you hadn't check the line to remove malware that was found. At that point, you would have been advised to UPDATE and run Malwarebytes again, checking for the removal. Multiple infections were noted.

Your second Mbam log on 12/05/2009 23:26:32 shows only Trojan Agent malware, removed.

Did you update and rescan and remove with Malwarebytes? One of the many infections in the first log was Virus.Virut. This is a tough one to get rid of because it's a polymorphic virus, meaning it changes. You also show a Vundo infection in the current HJ log.

I'm going to let touch do all the dirty work here, but I'd like to know what happened between the two Mbam logs?

Thanks Bobbye - "let touch do all the dirty work" - much appreciated :D

MrCoco ->>>

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe
And save to the desktop.
Close all other browser windows.

Please connect all your external hard drive/flash drive before running Combofix, if you have any

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Ok, since the ComboFix Scan is going to last qutie a while, I think I will do it while I am sleeping.

(I have to do some work on my diseased laptop)

Is it recommended ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back