Google results are getting redirected for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klykyl

In the last few days my Google results have been a little odd I search like a Disney or twilight star just to be nosy and I get redirected to some scam site and starts pulling up fake windows warnings and stuff or I get a website where Firefox has pretty much blocked me from entering. But today I noticed all my Google results that I click on are getting redirected to different sites. I have attached a few screen shots to show what I'm talking about It even happened in another search engine, Bing. So now I don't know what to do and I carried out the 8 step process and nothing came up in the malware scanner or spyware scanner. so the only thing I really have to go on is my hijackthis log and my pictures.. Please help.

Attachments

• google2.gif
    google2.gif
    160.8 KB · Views: 5
  • google1.gif
    google1.gif
    139.2 KB · Views: 7
I did do the 8 steps nothing came up in the logs but here they are anyway.. actually I can't get my superanti spyware log it seems to be missing a component so it refuses to open.

I don't exactly understand what I do with the link you gave me I read through it but I'm confused.. I have downloaded one of those fake programs before but I'm pretty sure I removed everything from it and it was months ago..

I know what caused my virus I was looking for something and I clicked on a link in Google and I saw one of those fake screens like the my computer screen and it was trying to download something but I hit the back button immediately...

Edit: I just Updated and ran spybot and found it warning me about a Trojan
they were under a category called
Win32.TDSS.rtk
and there were 5 files I have a ss of it

I did the best I could without taking you through the cleaning:

What you do with the link is read it and follow it. I didn't pull it out of the air. What your problem is is that you have malware. You did not run the steps in the order they were given.

If you would like more help, please go here: Virus and Malware Removal.

Please be sure and give the symptoms you are having.

I read through the link and tried the stuff they suggested but I didn't see anything that it showed as a example.. sorry if I misunderstood what was in the link.

And I shall go to that other forum for more help.. Thank You.

If you open the HijackThis log, you will find the name of the program for which I made the bleeping computer reference, You don't need an example- you need help getting it off your computer!

I was suppose to look for this is my log right?
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SearchAndDestroyMFC] C:\Program Files\Search And Destroy\Search And Destroy.exe
I couldn't seem to find it when I looked for it.. I have a different rouge program that's coming up now =/
But I found The bleepingcomputer link for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back