Google search queries redirected, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikomai

Hi, My problem is my google search result always redirect to differen website,
I have follow 8 steps from the sticky post.

Download and install Avast antivirus - update and scan, found and deleted some viruses.

Run CClean

Download, update and install Malwarebyte, SupperAntivirus then scan but couldn't find anything so i don't have a log to attach.

I'm not using any java atm.

Here is my Hijack log file, please have a look and give me some advices.
Thanks for your time.

BTW my os is vista 64 Home SP1.

Download and install Avast antivirus - update and scan, found and deleted some viruses.
Did you have any AV programs running previously? Which one?

I can't tell much from the HijackThis log alone- I have no idea what we're working with. Please UPDATE and run Malwarebytes again as well as Superantispyware. Follow with new HJ scan.

The HijackThis log doesn't look 'normal. The running processes are only for 3 security programs. What's running the operating system?

attach all three logs.
Run full scan with Avast and attach that log.

Hi, I have update and rescan my computer again. Here is the logs

I can't provide you an avast log because the software still didn't find anything from my last scan.

Thanks for your time.

I'm using Vista 64 SP1

Hi, i have read the instruction from your link but still quite unsure about what do i need to do ?

Am I suppose to repair my window with the CD or scan my computer again in Vista Windows Recovery Environment with command prompt ?

Thanks

mikomai, I have asked kritius to review your logs. Due to the problem of HijackThis not reading the Services and the 'mini' log, I'm hoping he can guide you here.

Please hold off until he replies.

Edit: thank you kritius, after the fact, for your help.

Hi,

OTListIt2 by OldTimer
  • Download OTListIt2 to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTListIt.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTListIt2.
    • Please copy the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

minogreat, you need to be very careful in posting what you think is a malware 'fix'. And you should also realize that a "Goggle redirect" is not just one malware. Google is the main search engine on the internet. And you use a search engine in the browser. So if the browser gets hijacked, people are associating this under one name "Google Redirect". Actually you can have malware called "DNS Changer" that will continue to redirect the browser AFTER malware programs have been run BEFORE the router is reset!

You should have referenced this site for additional information, and for your information, looking for "go.google.com virus removal tool for windows XP" brings up he following:
Results 1 - 10 of about 3,140,000 English pages for go.google.com virus removal tool for windows XP.

One way that malware continues to propagate is through rogue spyware programs. Some of these are worse than the malware that is already present on the system.

Bottom line: Very very careful when recommending any malware cleaner and the download site.
Give exact source of an article.
Never reference a "fix" pf something either you aren't sure is clean or that the download site is clean.

Another clue to make one suspicious of malware directions is:
go.google.com>>>> I can't even identify this and the instructions on the site are dead:
[ Download go.google.com virus removal tool for windows XP | Download go.google.com tool for Windows Vista ] This is not a link> And if it was, I would be suspicious.

But I chased this magic removal tool all over the internet and finally found what it is:
"click here to purchase XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware."
This is still considered a rogue spyware program, it is for Windows 2000 and Windows XP only and the cost is $40.00.

And you might want to check the TS Virus and Malware Removal thread> the programs in that are Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and HijackThis>> all free, all good.

Hi Guys, I have download OTListIt2 and scan my computer. Here are the logs.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back