Google search results redirected - 8 steps completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The computers Google results (and Bing resluts, too) are getting redirected about 1 in 4 times to rogue sites. This happens in Internet Explorer AND Firefox. Norton scans ans says everything is clean (but it has found things in the past and maybe those things caused this problem). It was only recently that I realized this was happening.

The Antivirus is Norton Internet Security 2010 and is up to date and running.

I've even tried F-Secure Blacklight and Sophos Anti Rootkit and they found nothing either.

Please help!

Michael Martin

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-06 (14-41-18).txt
    881 bytes · Views: 1
  • hijackthis.log
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-06-2010 - 16-48-01.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 1
I tried removed these and am still getting redirects. They seem less frequent but are still happening. Any other ideas? When I reran hijack this the settings I removed DID stay removed, so there doesn't seem to be a virus that is changing them back.

Perhaps there are more settings I need to fix?

here are steps to follow

Step1: Please download XDelBox from Here to your Desktop

XDelBox is an awesomely impressive freeware antimalware tool.

Step 2:Close any open browsers. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of XDelBox

Step 3:Run XDelBox.exe with a simple click "Start Scan"

setp4:Reply with scan result log using right mouse click on the result list box "export log "

The instructions say it scans in 5 minutes. I left it for an hour and it seems to have stuck on "Services Items Checking..." Many other people on hte xdelbox.com site report this same behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back