GPU Availability and Pricing Update: June 2022

Yeah, you're seeing so many 1070's and 1070'sTIs flood the market b/c Miners used these to mine and were more preferred than 1060's and 1080's.

Based on what the Miners say, they tried to do a restructuring of their GPU inventory and the Pascal cards were the 1st to go b/c they stopped being profitable enough plus some of them hoped to unload them at a somewhat decent price but as we see here, this never happened.

Right now, most Miners hold on to their Ampere cards and keep mining which is why the 3060TI, 3070 and 3080 are still very overpriced as Miners keep buying them to replace the Pascal cards they sold.

We won't ever see these Ampere models mentioned above go MSRP unless Mining goes full belly-up and the Miners get an only fans account for themselves and their SO to survive.

With this level of inflation, each Nvidia GPU is being priced pretty much into the tier above it.
…..
If you're more interested in a mid-range or lower-tier Nvidia GPU, my advice is to wait a few more months. Pricing for Nvidia GPUs continues to fall at a steady pace, suggesting we haven't hit the bottom yet, especially as many GPUs continue to be sold above the MSRP.

I am still not convinced we‘ll see them at msrp before they reach EOL status.

Question: If they never reach msrp, I am curious if many from the tech press will acknowledge that those msrp might have been dishonest / unrealistic from the start. Steve from GN said as much in a video early on.

Radeon cards are now in many case below their msrp. While I don‘t disagree that this is due to customers not biting at msrp, it‘s also an indication that perhaps they were realistic.

6900xt new fell to $719 via rebates at newegg today fyi. Do not overpay for almost 2 year old architecture! 6700 xt as low as $449.

$999.99
Lowest Price
in 30 days
Save: $70.00 (6%)
+ $180 off w/ promo code VGAGBET249, limited offer
$899.99 after $100.00 rebate card
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING OC Video Card, GV-R69XTGAMING OC-16GD

$549.99
Save: $75.00 (12%)
+ $100 off w/ promo code VGAGBET252, limited offer
ETA Date: 06/22/2022. Limit 20 per customer. BACK ORDERED.
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card, WINDFORCE 3X Cooling System, 12GB 192-bit GDDR6, GV-R67XTGAMING OC-12GD Video Card

The Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC (10GB) is $250(NZD) cheaper than the $1700(NZD) I paid for it just prior to the massive 2021 price hikes. It rose to $2400 and is now at $!450. About time! This is good news, but prices are still too high. The Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme 11G was $10(NZD) cheaper upon release.

"The RTX 3080 is also now a more direct competitor for the RX 6800 XT, another match-up that looks unfavorable for the Red Team."

6800XT faster than RTX3080 at 1080p, same performance at 1440p, marginally slower at 4k for the same price looks bad for AMD???

don't care for RT (performance gimping for minimal graphic fidelity) or DLSS (native resolution > upscale).

I love the statement of we should wait for the next gen cards...yeah like I want to spend 3-4k on one of those instead of the 3-4k I did not spend on the current series.....lol

When they all grow up and get the prices where I am willing to pay. I will get a current gen card at that time for less than msrp...

Oh boy, I hope I don't get shadow banned, but this article is strikingly similar to a video that I watched.

The video is
by Hardware Unboxed and take of it what you will.

I am still not convinced we‘ll see them at msrp before they reach EOL status.
I'm not sure you understand what "EOL" means. A GPU doesn't become "end of life" just because one new series of GPUs came out after it. "EOL" means the GPU is no longer supported. Kepler (GTX 600/700) from 2012 is EOL, Maxwell (GTX 900) from 2014 is not EOL yet.

I'm not sure you understand what "EOL" means. A GPU doesn't become "end of life" just because one new series of GPUs came out after it. "EOL" means the GPU is no longer supported. Kepler (GTX 600/700) from 2012 is EOL, Maxwell (GTX 900) from 2014 is not EOL yet.
True. Should have used ‚end of manufacturing‘ or ‚end of sale‘ (from nVidia‘s perspective) instead.

Basically once Ampere becomes last gen.

"Raining GPUs"...??

I hope the scalpers and their AMD and nGridia enablers drown under those GPUs!!

Back