GPU for crysis and bioshock

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisbin

aloha mates,
time for an upgrade, and the $300ish question is:
games to play crysis and bioshock;
possible cards: nvidia 8800; GT, GTS or GTX
now just a note, i don't run at ultra high res, the most my monitor can handle is 1280 x 1024 @ 60 hz and i'm not getting a new monitor anytime soon. normally i run at 1024 x 768 which i find perfectly acceptable as long as i can run everything else at max (shadows, AA, etc).
so, lemme know what nvidia cards your playing crysis and bioshock on, what framerates your getting at 1260x1024 or less with everything maxed. thus, it seems impractical to get anything with the idea of SLI since i'm not going to take advantage of the real bonus of SLI.
all my system stats are in my profile, but i DO have a very reliable 750 (or is it 700... eh either way) watt power supply so i don't think power should be a problem. cooling is something i'd rather not deal with much, i've already got 3 4" ish case fans, 2 of which exchange air directly over my processor and gpu. maybe i'll add a few more but if i HAVE to add more cooling for a card... well i'm not really interested in that.
let the battle begin

That is a low enough resolution you could get by with a GT or GTS. I would not recommend a GTS at this time just because their performance is worse than the GT and they cost the same or more. Although, the GTs are sold out of a lot of places currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back