GPU Pricing Update March 2022: Even Lower Prices!

If you can't get a card at MSRP, the price ain't low enough.

It's funny: last night on Battlefield 2022, someone asked the question: "how do you stop stuttering when ray tracing is on?".

I replied: "buy a 3090".

Now: can you get a 3090 in your nearby store?

If so, will it cost you more than $1900?

I'm still waiting for a 6700xt or better for under $400. At this point I'll probably wait for my 480 to drop out of support and then buy the succeeding generation if I have to pay $600+.
Same here - a 6700XT for me marks the (theoretical) price/perf sweet spot at $399 or a bit lower.
Problem as always is the closer we get to the end of the year, the more I have to wonder if it‘s worth waiting for next gen or get a current gen card at sane prices. Or - if next gen has good a availability and sane prices - get an RDNA2 or Ampere card at EOL prices.

Prices as of now in my region : (add 18% GST) (converted using Google to Australian Dollar)

Gigabyte RX 6600 XT Gaming OC : 740 AUD
Asus ROG Strix RTX 3060 V2 LHR 12GB : 940 AUD
Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming OC 12GB : 1150 AUD
Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition : 1380 AUD
Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC : 1700 AUD

And this is almost after 30% fall in prices in peak scalping times. The only card priced somewhat near to MSRP is MSI 6500XT Mech at 390 AUD.

So yeah...... will be a long winter.

Prices as of now in my region : (add 18% GST) (converted using Google to Australian Dollar)

And this is almost after 30% fall in prices in peak scalping times. The only card priced somewhat near to MSRP is MSI 6500XT Mech at 390 AUD.

Erm, winter officially ends today.

The Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC went to $2400 (NZD) and now is below the $1700 (NZD) I paid for it in February last year. It's in stock at $1620 (NZD). Minus the 15% Government Slavery Tax we have here, that's $949 (USD).

Erm, winter officially ends today.
(australian dollar: hint hint)
Same here - a 6700XT for me marks the (theoretical) price/perf sweet spot at $399 or a bit lower.
Problem as always is the closer we get to the end of the year, the more I have to wonder if it‘s worth waiting for next gen or get a current gen card at sane prices. Or - if next gen has good a availability and sane prices - get an RDNA2 or Ampere card at EOL prices.
From the looks of things the 6700xt is gonna get a rebadge for the 7000 series, so it should be same if not better price with 18Gbps memory standard.

Either way you can get that perf, if the next gen is just as messed up for pricing Imma head out and do other hobbies for awhile.

My 1080Ti is still rocking, but new GPU'S coming soon , I can go down the street to Micro Center and pick up a 6900XT for $1099.00, but won't , a 7700XT will smoke the 6900XT .

Intel's Ark should also improve things further. Finally a silver lining that will hopefully foreshadow things to come this black Friday the DIY market should make a comeback when last gen gets a hefty discount to make way for next gen hardware.

I'm still waiting for a 6700xt or better for under $400. At this point I'll probably wait for my 480 to drop out of support and then buy the succeeding generation if I have to pay $600+.
I'm still rocking RTX2060 which I bought 3 years ago for $330

I figured I'd only upgrade for faster GPU if Price/performance of newer GPU is at least the same.

So that's like $500 for 3060Ti and $850 for 3080 10Gb

So we're not there yet. I'll still be waiting.

I can go to Micro Center right now and buy one model of RX 6500 XT (a single fan one) at MSRP or a dual fan model at 10% over MSRP. The problem is that I would still have a 6500 XT :/

Everything else is well over MSRP. But at least they have stock now, which wasn't true a few months ago. You can walk in and buy at least one version of nearly every current GPU, though you may still not be able to buy your preferred brand or model.

PCCG has the PowerColour 6700XT Red Devil OC for $999.
I bought this GPU 6 weeks ago when it was $250 more & I am very happy with the card

Last edited:
Still gonna wait for the RTX 4000 series before I pull the trigger on an upgrade from my EVGA 1080TI Hybrid. We'll see what happens with performance and pricing, but with the release less than six months away (?) I feel like I need to know. I'm holding off on titles in my library like CP2077 and Red Dead until I get a new card.

I don't need an "Aww sh*t" moment.

25% above MSRP for cards that are a lot more aged than they were upon release, when that MSRP was set.

At least massive inflation can comfort us some. See? There's always a silver lining.

but with the release less than six months away

fixing it for you:

but with the release, which will be purchased within seconds by bots (the inventory not sold by companies to mining operations in bulk)... with the latest round of crushing disappointment less than six months away...

When AMD and Nvidia lift their fingers to sell directly to consumers, such as by setting up subsidiaries to handle that or doing anything more than smoke and mirrors... wake me.

Back